• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Lets give credit to our defense in past two games they have held teams to 26 points in total. Of course I think part of that is both teams were run oriented which is our strength in stopping and werent able to exploit our DBs

With that said I think we should congratulate them for doing their job.

I also think that with what we are getting this unit will be even better next year.

Now the offense is another story, really this is the MAJOR problem in our program right now. There is NO EXCUSE for scoring an avg of 14 points in SIX BE games. NONE. So I really hope that some changes happen here. Dont give me the crap about yds per game etc, if you dont score you cant win.

I think we have the receivers and runing backs, if all goes well with recruiting we could be more physical in OLines. So the question comes back to QB and playcalling. I think next year they should let BJ play and Matt needs to know that bonehead throws will get him taken out of game. Till now that hasnt happened and I think it has hurt both him and our team.

The playcalling MUST change we need to stick to two RBs and play them more often rather than shuffling in and out. PLEASE ADD to the types of play calls, use your RBS out of the backfield, use the TE more. Be better at picking up blitzes and having plays that will take advantage of them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

With good coaching you expect to see some improvement over the course of the season.  We saw a little bit of that with the D and special teams.  I think the O actually regressed.  We have never been in this situation before.  I think CJL will look at it realistically, decide we "can't get there from here", and make some coaching personnel changes.  I know he's loyal and all, but I still think he wants to win and elevate the program.  At least, that's what I hope.

Archived