• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, I just commissioned out of the Navy program back in May and during my last semester I was working very hard on getting the rotc units a little more involved at games.  After attending the Auburn game last year, I was very impressed with their formation prior to the game while the eagle was flying around.  We were hoping to take a spin off of that and bring it here.  Our proposed plan was to require the Freshman from the three programs to line the field holding the state flags, and then the color guard to be a joint venture in the middle with the service flags along with the city of Tampa and the State flag.  After the opening ceremony, we wanted the 55-60 participants to be given student seats up front where they would be visible to the cameras.  The proposal went to the Athletic department this fall but they did not want to fund the 50 state flags...and there is no chance that the three units could afford them.  So that's where they stand..

Additionally, while we the Navy had the proposal and we were ready to do it...getting the Army and Air Force on board with anything at USF is near impossible.  The Air Force has these ridiculus rules as to the amount of extra curricular time they can put into their program (outside of the mandatory training).  And well the Army is just the Army and only gives into anything when the Marines give them a hard time and call them out.  Just organizing a flag football tournament with those two branches each year was near impossible.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  277

Give the ROTC students in uniform section 102, the sliver of seats just above the visiting team's entrance.  I was a season ticket holder in that section last year but was forced to move when they expanded the student section.  I'd be surprised if the section was more than half full for more than 2 games.

http://www.ticketsreview.com/images/maps/462_RaymondJamesStadium_Football_tn_Seating_Chart.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

The Air Force has these ridiculus rules as to the amount of extra curricular time they can put into their program (outside of the mandatory training). 

I commissioned from the AF ROTC program and there were no such rules at that time (2003-2005) so this must be new.  Where are you getting this info?

I was AFROTC '01-'03 at a different university and there were never any rules on extracurriculars...in fact I spent alot of time those two years doing drill team and AAS stuff

I agree though that being at a game in uniform would not be fun. BDUs might be bearable but dress uniform is uncomfortable even when it's not 90 degrees with the sun beating down on you. Plus it just opens up a can of worms if you have someone that does something stupid while in uniform (think auburn cadet throwing the pom pom at USF players after scoring the game winning TD) or worse

Just organizing a flag football tournament with those two branches each year was near impossible.

seriously? our flag football tournament the Curtis Cup was a huge tradition and one of 3 tri-service events a year and the only one that was not mandatory  but almost everyone went...I can't believe you guys have a hard time getting a game together

Archived