• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Burnham is getting a free pass

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

His defense was atrocious in the Sun Bowl (they played as if Wally treated them to a Donkey Show the night before in Juarez)

His defense has been terrible this year (spare me the stats - they rolled crappy offenses but refused to go toe-to-toe with mediocre or good offenses).

He continues to play man coverage with overwhelmed corners.

Turnovers are not being created.  Passs rush is shabby.

He greenlighted the hiring of two D-line assistants that have stripped Selvie of his all-american status.

This year's D in a nutshell:  Gregory and Grothe (and the entire offense) sack up and score a late TD against Pitt (at home), and Burnham's D rolls over like a dog and gives Pitt the score back in THREE PLAYS.

Just wondering, why no calls for his firing?  Seriously can't see how CJL could can Gregory for non-performance and retain Burnham if he uses the same criteria to judge his coaches.

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

I'm tired of people saying Selvie is having a bad year. He is doing fine given the pressure he's seen, last year he just had a MONSTER year being an unknown. I love how people seem to be oblivious to the fact that Selvie put up "bad" stats in conference play and only focus on the inflated numbers he got while he was under the radar.

People aren't calling for Wally's head simply because the perceived credentials he brings here. He's a legend of a DC and will probably only leave on his own terms; for the good or bad, just like Leavitt.

That being said, the Rutgers game has given me real frustration with Wally for the first time. How could he not have prepared better and had the defense ready after a bye week? I'm not advocating that he should've stopped the passing attack of Rutgers, but ****, 49 points? Still lots of big plays that have plagued us all year?

Also, try being realistic about things a bit. You want us to help our poor corners more, yet you want more guys rushing the passer and taking chances for turnovers? Yeah, that will alleviate the pressure the corners have. I think the poor corners are a key reason the defense has its holes, that and we're adjusting poorly to it.

I'm tired of people saying Selvie is having a bad year. He is doing fine given the pressure he's seen, last year he just had a MONSTER year being an unknown. I love how people seem to be oblivious to the fact that Selvie put up "bad" stats in conference play and only focus on the inflated numbers he got while he was under the radar.

Lining Selvie up as a spy against Cincy was a gimmick.  In coaching, gimmickry is a sign of despearation. . . . . and Cincy's one-arm bandit still took Wally to school.

People aren't calling for Wally's head simply because the perceived credentials he brings here. He's a legend of a DC and will probably only leave on his own terms; for the good or bad, just like Leavitt.

Legend DC's become HC's.

That being said, the Rutgers game has given me real frustration with Wally for the first time. How could he not have prepared better and had the defense ready after a bye week? I'm not advocating that he should've stopped the passing attack of Rutgers, but ****, 49 points? Still lots of big plays that have plagued us all year?

lack of preparation for the RU game. . . . . . Dude, check out the Sun Bowl's website.  Wally is the proud owner of pretty much every defensive record for ineptitude in a 75 year old bowl . . . . .. . a major hall of shame.

Also, try being realistic about things a bit. You want us to help our poor corners more, yet you want more guys rushing the passer and taking chances for turnovers? Yeah, that will alleviate the pressure the corners have. I think the poor corners are a key reason the defense has its holes, that and we're adjusting poorly to it.

I never said I wanted more guys to rush the QB.

• Content Count:  126

Wally has been here since 2000 he has earned his stay of execution.  He has proved himself in the past. He is a stand up guy and a hell of a leader.

This guy was at FSU for their First title and is as old school as they come. He is a man and he will help these boys right the ship. He is a guy with good character and integrity. Two qualities that are lost on some members of this ******** group of coaches we have here. He is a good coach and has been let down by a ****** ****** DB's coach ( and Tyler Roberts) not to mention a defense that has forgotten fundamentals. That defense needs a leader like Ben Moffit. Wally is also a huge reason for USF having the great linebackers we have had in the past.

Carolina we have seen eye to eye in the past and I do agree there are problems with the defense but Wally does deserve a pass this year.

• Content Count:  1,633

Wally has been here since 2000 he has earned his stay of execution.  He has proved himself in the past. He is a stand up guy and a hell of a leader.

This guy was at FSU for their First title and is as old school as they come. He is a man and he will help these boys right the ship. He is a guy with good character and integrity. Two qualities that are lost on some members of this ******** group of coaches we have here. He is a good coach and has been let down by a ***** ***** DB's coach ( and Tyler Roberts) not to mention a defense that has forgotten fundamentals. That defense needs a leader like Ben Moffit. Wally is also a huge reason for USF having the great linebackers we have had in the past.

Carolina we have seen eye to eye in the past and I do agree there are problems with the defense but Wally does deserve a pass this year.

The coaches get paid entirely too much money to "deserve" anything except for maybe a pink slip.

This year's D hasn't been much better than whatever you want to call Coach Gregory's mess that trots out onto the field every weekend.

I might be a down year, but if next year is the same, Old Wally Boy might be past his prime.

• Content Count:  637

Lining Selvie up as a spy against Cincy was a gimmick.  In coaching, gimmickry is a sign of despearation. . . . . and Cincy's one-arm bandit still took Wally to school.

Something different was needed since nobody else is stepping up around Selvie they at least tried to alleviate the fact that they were gameplanning for him.

Legend DC's become HC's.

Oh, ok. Wally has had a terrible history then, my bad.

lack of preparation for the RU game. . . . . . Dude, check out the Sun Bowl's website.  Wally is the proud owner of pretty much every defensive record for ineptitude in a 75 year old bowl . . . . .. . a major hall of shame.

I'm not sure exactly what you're responding to of mine here. I conveyed my frustration of his evident poor gameplan when he had 16 days.

I never said I wanted more guys to rush the QB.

You want more pressure but with the same amount of guys blitzing? Hate to say it, but we brought more guys last year. Mainly because we had corners that could be relied upon if the extra guys didn't make it to the QB.

It's difficult to have a great pass rush and great coverage at the same time. Talent can make both possible, but we simply don't have that talent this year.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

His defense was atrocious in the Sun Bowl (they played as if Wally treated them to a Donkey Show the night before in Juarez)

His defense has been terrible this year (spare me the stats - they rolled crappy offenses but refused to go toe-to-toe with mediocre or good offenses).

He continues to play man coverage with overwhelmed corners.

Turnovers are not being created.  Passs rush is shabby.

He greenlighted the hiring of two D-line assistants that have stripped Selvie of his all-american status.

This year's D in a nutshell:  Gregory and Grothe (and the entire offense) sack up and score a late TD against Pitt (at home), and Burnham's D rolls over like a dog and gives Pitt the score back in THREE PLAYS.

Just wondering, why no calls for his firing?  Seriously can't see how CJL could can Gregory for non-performance and retain Burnham if he uses the same criteria to judge his coaches.

you kill  a snake by cutting off head

leavitt needs to go

it is silly blAMING the assistants when usf has problems on both sides of the ball and special  teams

Archived