• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Question Friday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

It seems like I have answered this question 100 times.  Here goes again:

Charlie Bradley

Radenko Dobras

Chucky Atkins

There are numerous reasons these guys' jerseys are hanging from the rafters of the Dome.

Fred Lewis

Tony Grier

Why Fred Lewis, you ask?  Fred is the guy that was the captain, the glue on the two time NCAA tourney teams.  He did all the little things that propel teams to wins.  Need a big stop?  Fred was there to take a charge or get a steal.  Need a key rebound?  Nine out of ten times, it was Fred that got the rebound, not Hakim, not Gary.  There was a time when the African-American players got jealous of all the attention Radenko was getting and it was Fred that stopped all that and got the team to play together.  He was a huge winner.  Without him we do not go to 2 NCAA tourneys.

Tony Grier was money, pure and simple.

Two others:

Marvin Taylor...he tarnished the program with his off-the-field antics, but that guy was money also.

Penny Greene...I never saw him play, but basketball people I respect said he was a gifted basketball player and a really great guy too.

There it is.  One old timer's answer to The Question about USF hoops.

Normal

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

You gotta remember Norm, it's no longer just 7 of us sittin' around a computer "chattin'".  We gotta provide for the youngfolk nowadays.  :) .

...and I knew you'd throw Taylor into the mix.  :)

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Kohn is our all time assist leader and all time total 3 ptr leader despite playing 2 full seasons on 2 broken legs.  That, to me, is incredible.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I looked at bullwark's original post again and upon further review, one additional basketball player must be added for consideration....Wanda Guyton.  Best female player in USF history.  Check her trophy case ladies....two or three WNBA rings after several years of starring in hoops at the top level in Europe.

Velcro, Reggie was amazing, but still not amazing enough to be in that top echelon.

Normal

Archived