• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FireJimLeavitt.com - PT. 2

Guest KnightLight
Didn't mean to harp on the point.  I just thought it was comical that someone already owns the domain name.  I'm behind CJL 100%.  He'll right the ship soon enough.  We're so young this year.  It'll straighten itself out.

USF is young??

As every one knows...Games are won/lost in the trenches...and USF has some good experience on both of your lines.

I wish UCF had the "experience" and all the Upperclassmen that USF has on their DL and OL.

USF has 2 Seniors, 1 Jr, and 1 Soph on DL...and has a total of 4 Seniors, 3 Juniors and only 1 Soph on DL 2-Deep Depth Chart.  That's not too young at all.

USF hurts alittle in 2-deep OL...but their Starting OL has 3 Seniors and 2 Juniors...some redshirted. That's good experience (and YEARS of College Training/Weightlifting) to have.

UCF starts 2 TRUE Freshmen on OL, and 3 Soph.

UCF starts 2 TRUE Freshmen on DL, 1 Soph and 1 Junior.

UCF has ZERO Seniors and only ONE Junior starting for their OL and DL combined!

USF is a very OLD team compared to UCF in the trenches.

KL

PS. Plus, USF has pretty good size on both OL and DL.

OL averages 6'4" 297 lbs and ya'lls DL averages 6'3" 269 lbs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

USF has 2 Seniors, 1 Jr, and 1 Soph on DL...and has a total of 4 Seniors, 3 Juniors and only 1 Soph on DL 2-Deep Depth Chart.  That's not too young at all.

If my memory serves correctly, we also have 3 Frosh, 3 Sophs between our LBs and DBs, not to mention that our receiving corp is full of Frosh and Sophs.  Our lines are where our upperclassmen are, but otherwise we're very young.  Several true Frosh at the WR and DB positions.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

We may have upper classmen on the lines but that does not make them very experienced as a whole.  Some of them did not get much playing time because of people that were in front of them the past few years.  So when you mention youth don't forget about experience.

There was actually something in the Slant Pt Lies this morning in the sports section about it.  said it was only going for $50.

Here it is:

Colleges

'Fire Leavitt' chatter gains little support

By GREG AUMANN

Published October 20, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Leavitt can laugh about the way folks have kept a healthy distance from him around the office this week, afraid to say the wrong thing in the wake of USF's 42-35 loss to Army on Saturday.

"It's interesting, when you lose a game like we did, you walk the hallways and nobody wants to look at you, talk to you. It's like you're carrying a disease," Leavitt said Tuesday. "But we're still living, still walking, breathing, all those things. It was a tough loss for us, we all know that."

In the frustration that followed, a smattering of fans in online message boards questioned whether Leavitt's job was safe. It was a surprising reaction about the only coach the Bulls have had, one that was quickly shot down by fans who demonstrated a better understanding of USF's commitment to Leavitt and vice versa.

But if you want an idea of how little support such a decision has right now, visit firejimleavitt.com.

Unlike the infamous site that has campaigned for the ouster of Florida coach Ron Zook, the Leavitt site is simply registered to a squatter who has bought up dozens of similarly named sites, hoping to get one outraged fan or rival to pony up cash for the rights to the domain. The parent site, redshirted.com, actually has a four-tiered price plan of different coaches, each with a "recommended bid" price. Each coach's record is updated each week.

Firebillcallahan.com, building on Nebraska's recent mauling at the hands of Texas Tech, has an asking price of $500, joined in the top tier with firejoegibbs.com and others.

The Leavitt site is at the other end of the spectrum. The asking bid is $50 and still hasn't gotten a bite. That will inevitably change as USF moves up to the Big East and its following and expectations continue to grow.

If anything, being a coach on that list is a strange kind of flattery, suggesting that coaches haven't really arrived on campus until there's someone demanding they leave.

The only other Conference USA coach on the list is TCU's Gary Patterson, who has been to bowl games six years in a row but has struggled to a 3-3 mark that includes a double-overtime loss to USF. Maybe that's why his site will cost you $100.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/20/Sports/_Fire_Leavitt__chatte.shtml