• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we still take the BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

IF we manage to luck our way into a BE title because the other teams are so bad it'd guarantee another year of the current staff, and hence the headaches associated.

I agree 100%, I'd rather not have out first BE title be by default which would keep the current staff... HCJL needs to start making some adjustments if we will have a chance for next year...

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

IF we manage to luck our way into a BE title because the other teams are so bad it'd guarantee another year of the current staff, and hence the headaches associated.

I agree 100%, I'd rather not have out first BE title be by default which would keep the current staff... HCJL needs to start making some adjustments if we will have a chance for next year...

I'm even questioning Leavitt at this point. Just because the OC makes the play calling doesn't mean the head coach can't step in there and make some calls (hence the title HEAD). If he couldn't see that was **** then he is blind.

• Content Count:  2,118

I hope we beat Cincinnati, but we don't have good luck with them on the road.  I see usf going 2 of 4 if they are lucky.  just being a different team every week is really not looking good.

• Content Count:  22

honestly, anything can happen, i am not an expert in football, but one thing i know is that our play callers chokee once again, we need to make some changes, because we have the athletes

Some one who can make sense of this all help me....

What are the scenarios that could still win us the BE. It could still wind up being a massive cluster fudge in the conference standings. Do we still have a good shot?

Yes it is possible.

POSSIBILITY 1 - Win the conference outright.

USF will need to win all four remaining games to finish 5-2 in conference.  The rest of the conference will need to finish 4-3 or worse.  There are a number of combinations that woulld make it happen.

Consider the remaining conference schedules:

WVU (2-0): @ U Conn, vs Cincy, @ L'ville, @ Pitt, vs USF      <-- Are there two losses other than USF here?

Pitt (2-1): vs L'ville, @ Cincy, vs WVU, @ U Conn      <-- Are there two losses here?

Conn (2-1): vs WVU, at Cuse, at USF, vs Pitt      <-- Will U Conn lose to USF and one more?

RU (2-2): vs Cuse, at USF, vs L'ville      <-- Just need to beat the Knights

Cincy (1-1): vs USF, @ WVU, at L'ville, vs Pitt, vs Cuse        <-- Will Cincy lose to USF and one more?

L'ville (1-1): at Cuse, at Pitt, vs Cincy, vs WVU, at RU      <-- Can the Cards lose two more games?

POSSIBILITY 2 - TWO-WAY TIE

USF will need to win all four remaining games to finish 5-2 in conference.  One other team other than Pitt or Louisville finishes at 5-2 (WVU, Cincy, U Conn).  Based on the above schedules, there are quite a few possible options.  USF would be BCS representative based on head to head win.

POSSIBILITY 3 - THREE-WAY TIE

USF will need to win all four remaining games to finish 5-2 in conference.  Two other teams finish 5-2, only one of them can be Pitt or Louisivlle, the other team needs to lose to USF and beat Pitt/L'ville.  Again, a number of mathematical combinations.  In this case, USF would probably be the highest ranked team and get the BCS bid.

POSSIBILITY 4 - FOUR-WAY TIE

USF would need to win three out of four remaining games to finish 4-3 in conference.  The number of teams that could tie here is significant; although like the first scenario, it requires WVU to lose 3 of their final 5 games.  Also like the third scenario, only one of Pitt or L'ville can be part of the tie; the other must finish 3-4 or worse.

There are still a lot of games left to be played. Anyone saying USF "can't" win doesn't know what they are talking about.

• Content Count:  126

Ty Jim. Great post.

• Content Count:  3,403

Some one who can make sense of this all help me....

What are the scenarios that could still win us the BE. It could still wind up being a massive cluster fudge in the conference standings. Do we still have a good shot?

Yes it is possible.

POSSIBILITY 1 - Win the conference outright.

USF will need to win all four remaining games to finish 5-2 in conference.  The rest of the conference will need to finish 4-3 or worse.  There are a number of combinations that woulld make it happen.

Consider the remaining conference schedules:

WVU (2-0): @ U Conn, vs Cincy, @ L'ville, @ Pitt, vs USF      <-- Are there two losses other than USF here?

Pitt (2-1): vs L'ville, @ Cincy, vs WVU, @ U Conn      <-- Are there two losses here?

Conn (2-1): vs WVU, at Cuse, at USF, vs Pitt      <-- Will U Conn lose to USF and one more?

RU (2-2): vs Cuse, at USF, vs L'ville      <-- Just need to beat the Knights

Cincy (1-1): vs USF, @ WVU, at L'ville, vs Pitt, vs Cuse        <-- Will Cincy lose to USF and one more?

L'ville (1-1): at Cuse, at Pitt, vs Cincy, vs WVU, at RU      <-- Can the Cards lose two more games?

POSSIBILITY 2 - TWO-WAY TIE

USF will need to win all four remaining games to finish 5-2 in conference.  One other team other than Pitt or Louisville finishes at 5-2 (WVU, Cincy, U Conn).  Based on the above schedules, there are quite a few possible options.  USF would be BCS representative based on head to head win.

POSSIBILITY 3 - THREE-WAY TIE

USF will need to win all four remaining games to finish 5-2 in conference.  Two other teams finish 5-2, only one of them can be Pitt or Louisivlle, the other team needs to lose to USF and beat Pitt/L'ville.  Again, a number of mathematical combinations.  In this case, USF would probably be the highest ranked team and get the BCS bid.

POSSIBILITY 4 - FOUR-WAY TIE

USF would need to win three out of four remaining games to finish 4-3 in conference.  The number of teams that could tie here is significant; although like the first scenario, it requires WVU to lose 3 of their final 5 games.  Also like the third scenario, only one of Pitt or L'ville can be part of the tie; the other must finish 3-4 or worse.

There are still a lot of games left to be played. Anyone saying USF "can't" win doesn't know what they are talking about.

I think it is more likely that a 5-2 team wins than a 6-1 team, so I think it's easily possible for us to have a chance.  Every time I've said that last night and this morning, though, the usual response is that people expect USF to lose again.  Fair enough, but the point remains that we have a good chance still.

Like I said all last week, I fully expect Pitt to lose a few games.  I would say the same about Louisville now, too.  The thing is, we shouldn't have lost to them so that's why it's a fair point to think USF will not likely win 4 in a row.  Guess we'll see.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Only if the other teams don't show up for our games and Pitt and WVA lose

Archived