• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe earns 2nd Big East honor

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

University of South Florida QB Matt Grothe was named the Big East’s offensive player of the week Monday after throwing for 259 yards and a TD in the Bulls’ 41-10 win at N.C. State.

Grothe completed his first 11 passes and finished with 327 yards of total offense against the Wolfpack.

It’s the second time Grothe has been honored as the league’s offensive player of the week. He also won player of the week on Sept. 8 following USF’s win at UCF.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/grothe-earns-2nd-big-east-honor

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If he didn't win it after his performance at N.C. State, I was prepared to recruit and train a body of Bulls fans to go with me to forcibly overtake Big East headquarters and correct the issue.  I'm glad they made a good decision this week.

Grothe was named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week after he accounted for 327 yards of total offense in leading USF to a 41-10 win at North Carolina State. He completed his first 11 passes of the game, helping the Bulls build a 14-3 lead before his first incompletion. He finished 20-for-29 for 259 yards and a touchdown and had a game-high 68 rushing yards on nine carries.

Grothe, Wilson, Lee Earn BIG EAST Weekly Football Honors

Archived