• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does this guy look ready to lead?

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Whats the saying?  Those who live in glass homes shouldnt throw stones. 

take a look at a pic of grothe and then listen to his rome interview.  would he look/sound like a guy who is ready to lead.

point: dont judge a book by its cover.

Biggest difference is that Matt Grothe, regardless of his pics or Rome interviews has already illustrated he is ready to lead.

...yep straight to 4th place in the BE.

I agree with Smazza here. Beck has all the ability Grothe does, he just hasnt caught a break yet. Hopefully it is the gunslinger in Red who throws the pick late in the game, not the one in Green.

me too...all the terrible mistakes Grothe has made this year have bareley kept us in the lead....he must have handed the ball off wrong during the FIU game 'cause the RBs were fumbling all over.....it would be nice if he could throw some deep balls or make some clinch throws to move the ball or get the TD at least once this season.......

You were a little too sarcastic, so I'l throw some stats out there:

2006 record - 9-4

In those wins he had 13 passing touchdowns to 8 interceptions. In the 4 losses he had 2 touchdowns to 6 interceptions.

2007 record - 9-4

In the 9 wins he had 11 tds to 5 interceptions. In the 4 losses he had 3 touchdowns to 9 interceptions.

What am I trying to say? That Grothe is a gunslinger, who will no doubt make a play, but has shown that he mistake prone. No need to be a sensitive over your god.

I know exactly what you are trying to say. A QB in their Fresh/Soph year shouldn't be making those kinds of mistakes. He should have been able to be a gunslinger and be mistake free. That is the kind of QB we are looking for. As for this year, as a Junior, he should be keeping his offense from looking bad by motivating the line and keeping the RBs from fumbling on the running plays and he needs to make sure his WRs are going to finish in the right route before he throws to that spot. And the one pick where he had a mistake that was all him, wow, all I can do is shake my head. I gotchya....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

take a look at a pic of grothe and then listen to his rome interview.  would he look/sound like a guy who is ready to lead.

Biggest difference is that Matt Grothe, regardless of his pics or Rome interviews has already illustrated he is ready to lead.

I agree with Smazza here. Beck has all the ability Grothe does, he just hasnt caught a break yet. Hopefully it is the gunslinger in Red who throws the pick late in the game, not the one in Green.

me too...all the terrible mistakes Grothe has made this year have bareley kept us in the lead....he must have handed the ball off wrong during the FIU game 'cause the RBs were fumbling all over.....it would be nice if he could throw some deep balls or make some clinch throws to move the ball or get the TD at least once this season.......

2006 record - 9-4

In those wins he had 13 passing touchdowns to 8 interceptions. In the 4 losses he had 2 touchdowns to 6 interceptions.

2007 record - 9-4

In the 9 wins he had 11 tds to 5 interceptions. In the 4 losses he had 3 touchdowns to 9 interceptions.

What am I trying to say? That Grothe is a gunslinger, who will no doubt make a play, but has shown that he mistake prone. No need to be a sensitive over your god.

I know exactly what you are trying to say. A QB in their Fresh/Soph year shouldn't be making those kinds of mistakes. He should have been able to be a gunslinger and be mistake free. That is the kind of QB we are looking for. As for this year, as a Junior, he should be keeping his offense from looking bad by motivating the line and keeping the RBs from fumbling on the running plays and he needs to make sure his WRs are going to finish in the right route before he throws to that spot. And the one pick where he had a mistake that was all him, wow, all I can do is shake my head. I gotchya....

Seriously, I understand you are in love with Matt, and he is a great QB no doubt. But everyone on this board is trashing Beck, when he is very similar to Matt, and just like Matt, you never know when hes going to make the amazing play or throw the idiotic pic.

Take the goggles off. Matt is just as likely to throw a pick or two tonight as he is to throw for 250 yards and 2 td's. In fact if history repeats itself, its right about this time of the season on the road where the entire team violation the bed. As a USF fan I hope the entire team has matured past that point.

• Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

2006 record - 9-4

2007 record - 9-4

Seriously, I understand you are in love with Matt, and he is a great QB no doubt. But everyone on this board is trashing Beck, when he is very similar to Matt, and just like Matt, you never know when hes going to make the amazing play or throw the idiotic pic.

Take the goggles off. Matt is just as likely to throw a pick or two tonight as he is to throw for 250 yards and 2 td's. In fact if history repeats itself, its right about this time of the season on the road where the entire team violation the bed. As a USF fan I hope the entire team has matured past that point.

I hear ya. Everyone has these **** goggles on, from regular USF fans to the experts and power rankings that have him as one of the top QBs in the country. I agree, unless a QB starts as a Frosh and doesn't need any development time as an underclassmen, he has no business being thought of so highly if he is making mistakes along with amazing plays and potential. As you say, we should look at history; it dictates that QBs do not develop well if they start as a Frosh and aren't phenoms - their Frosh and Soph seasons indicate their full potential and anyone who says otherwise is a fool, regardless of any potential they show and how many people see it. We can only expect the same from such QBs and everyone will see in the end. As I said, I gotchya.

Archived