• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a better article has not been written

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we don't beat L'ville AND Memphis we aren't worthy of going to a bowl .............

If we get 6 wins, how are we not worthy?  That's the criteria for being bowl eligible.

Beating Louisville at Louisville this year will be a monumental task.  Maybe you should reserve your judgment on that one after Louisville plays Miami this week.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

If we get 6 wins, how are we not worthy?  That's the criteria for being bowl eligible.

Beating Louisville at Louisville this year will be a monumental task.  Maybe you should reserve your judgment on that one after Louisville plays Miami this week.

Eligible and worthy are two different things. It's just  that I don't want to barely qualify and then go to some podunk bowl. I'd like our first bowl not to be the Poulan Weedeater Bowl ............... I know, I know, beggars can't be choosy .............. Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

I heartily disagree with all of you that say we do not deserve a bowl. What about the year we went 9-2.  Right now this program needs a bowl whether we are 8-2 or 5-5.  we need the exposure.  Lets worry about deserving one down the road.  There are plenty of teams that we beat every year that end bowling.  It would be a crime if we didn't get one this year.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

We should get a bowl this year. We basically got screwed last year, when the two division 1-A teams dropped us from the schedule. We had to pick up two division 1-AA teams and that hurt us badly.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

It would be great if we went to the Liberty Bowl but I would be happy with Hawaii too.  And I'm sure the players and coaches will too.  Just making it to our first bowl is one for the books I don't care which one it is.  The players will need to have that experience to build upon for the upcoming years.

We have the talent to win out our season with Louisville being the possible exception.  PJ just needs more experience and he gets it every game he plays as do our DBs and WRs.