• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Impressive performances by 2nd and 3rd teamers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Forget TLC with their 'No Scrubs' schtick.  I liked watching the scrubs tonight.  Here are some second teamers that looked good to me:

On offense:

Jake Sims - he played a lot with the starters and looked very good...much better than last season.

Danous Estenour - he's a true frosh?  Really?  What a load that guy is.

Andrew Ketchel - yep, Mr. K's boy threw some big blocks out there.  Did you see the path he created on Plancher's second TD after he stiff armed the UTM guy.  Nice block and great run.

Speaking of Moise Plancher - what a night for him.  I am happy for the Plancher family.  A family that deserves some good news.

BJ Daniels - Wow......enough said.

On defense:

Chris Robinson - son, if you could get your act together, you would be a pretty high draft pick and could make a living at this game.

Terrell McClain - his motor was running tonight.  Nice job disrupting the center of the line.

Craig Marshall - Mr. K has touted Andrew's HS teammate since they both signed with the Bulls and Marshall showed some great burst from the DE spot.

Sabbath Joseph - SBien called this one.  Sabbath is a man in waiting.  I feel better about our LB situation with the way CRob, Kion and Sabbath played tonight.

Quinton Washington and Tyson Butler - perfect game for these two and they showed their stuff.  If they can be brought along this season, I will feel much better about the CB position this year and beyond.

Speaking of the CB position, nice work from Theo Wilson too, and not just the punt return, although I thoroughly enjoyed that (SBien, score two more for you on that one too).

Jerrell Young - What's not to like... a nose for the ball, great closing speed and he packs a wallop when he gets there.  Good looking prospect.

I probably missed some, but those guys looked like they have some potential on our roster.

Normal

Guest mleeth

Oh man. I made a point to some people I was watching with that we really showed some depth tonight. Obviously we aren't playing a great team overall, but we really showed that the 2nd and 3rd strings can get it done. And I'm glad we are playing BJ Daniels. This means he will be a Junior (and likely starting) in 2010.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Was an impressive night for our depth.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,403

Forget TLC with their 'No Scrubs' schtick.  I liked watching the scrubs tonight.  Here are some second teamers that looked good to me:

On offense:

Jake Sims - he played a lot with the starters and looked very good...much better than last season.

Danous Estenour - he's a true frosh?  Really?  What a load that guy is.

Andrew Ketchel - yep, Mr. K's boy threw some big blocks out there.  Did you see the path he created on Plancher's second TD after he stiff armed the UTM guy.  Nice block and great run.

Speaking of Moise Plancher - what a night for him.  I am happy for the Plancher family.  A family that deserves some good news.

BJ Daniels - Wow......enough said.

On defense:

Chris Robinson - son, if you could get your act together, you would be a pretty high draft pick and could make a living at this game.

Terrell McClain - his motor was running tonight.  Nice job disrupting the center of the line.

Craig Marshall - Mr. K has touted Andrew's HS teammate since they both signed with the Bulls and Marshall showed some great burst from the DE spot.

Sabbath Joseph - SBien called this one.  Sabbath is a man in waiting.  I feel better about our LB situation with the way CRob, Kion and Sabbath played tonight.

Quinton Washington and Tyson Butler - perfect game for these two and they showed their stuff.  If they can be brought along this season, I will feel much better about the CB position this year and beyond.

Speaking of the CB position, nice work from Theo Wilson too, and not just the punt return, although I thoroughly enjoyed that (SBien, score two more for you on that one too).

Jerrell Young - What's not to like... a nose for the ball, great closing speed and he packs a wallop when he gets there.  Good looking prospect.

I probably missed some, but those guys looked like they have some potential on our roster.

Normal

Totally agree.  I also thought Patrick Hampton looked good.  I need to print out a roster for the next game...

True FR that played . . .

WR Daniel Bryant

OT Danous Estenor

QB B.J. Daniels

LB LaDre Watkins

SS Charlton Sinclair

CB Quenton Washington

• Content Count:  1,797

Quinton Washington is a redshirt frosh, but otherwise an impressive list.  I assume we can add Cory Grissom to that list soon.

Normal

Thanx ... guess I was excited about that great hit he had on the WR in the 2nd Half.

Go BULLS !!!

...  I assume we can add Cory Grissom to that list soon.

Normal

Greg does also. From his blog:

-- Looks like freshman defensive tackle Cory Grissom is back at full-go after being limited by a high ankle sprain and missing Saturday's opener. If he stays healthy, it's reasonable to think Grissom should make his USF debut at Central Florida this week as the fifth true freshman to play this fall.

Isn't Sinclair a redshirt freshman, too?  I didn't know he played.  That's good.

I hope we see Daniel Bryant make some plays soon since we're not redshirting him despite having 30 receivers on this team.

Archived