• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays might look to Adam Dunn if Bay is traded....

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN's Jayson Stark is reporting that the Rays have contacted the Reds about Adam Dunn.

i hope we dont get this guy.  yea, he can hit it a ton (when he hits it)  but Stark also said that the Rays won't even make an offer for anyone until they are sure that Jason Bay isnt an option.

Also, it seems that the Pirates are backing out of that Red Sox/Marlins deal because they don't feel they are getting fair return...

if they would be getting hermedia, mike stanton, jed lowrie, and ryan tucker for jason bay and still dont think that is enough they can keep him. 

peter gammons also said that he doesnt t hink that manny trade will go through.

marlins are going to be traded mike jacobs to the giants for bengie molina though

• Content Count:  879

ESPN's Jayson Stark is reporting that the Rays have contacted the Reds about Adam Dunn.

i hope we dont get this guy.  yea, he can hit it a ton (when he hits it)  but Stark also said that the Rays won't even make an offer for anyone until they are sure that Jason Bay isnt an option.

Also, it seems that the Pirates are backing out of that Red Sox/Marlins deal because they don't feel they are getting fair return...

if they would be getting hermedia, mike stanton, jed lowrie, and ryan tucker for jason bay and still dont think that is enough they can keep him. 

marlins are going to be traded mike jacobs to the giants for bengie molina though

Bay is a left bat.  We need a right bat.  His batting average against lefties is under .200.  Ugh!  He has over 100 strikeouts.  He has a lot of homeruns, but don't know if that was off lefties or righties.  Still have my fingers crossed for Bay.

• Content Count:  873

Bay is a left bat.  We need a right bat.  His batting average against lefties is under .200.  Ugh!  He has over 100 strikeouts.  He has a lot of homeruns, but don't know if that was off lefties or righties.  Still have my fingers crossed for Bay.

I hope you mean Dunn is a left bat.

• Content Count:  2,118

please tak dunn, i'm a reds fan and really wants to see his ass out of cincinnati. looks like we are about to lose griffey as well.

• Content Count:  879

I hope you mean Dunn is a left bat.

Sorry about that.  Yes, I meant Dunn is a left bat.  I was tired when I wrote that.

please tak dunn, i'm a reds fan and really wants to see his ass out of cincinnati. looks like we are about to lose griffey as well.

Sounds like the Rays with Aubrey Huff.  Dunn would be an upgrade for the rays but still not addressing the problem of hitting against left handed pitchers.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Dunn is one of those "swing for the fences, strike out a ton, but occasionally connects and hits it a mile" guys.

He's a high price Jhonny Gomes.

Dunn is one of those "swing for the fences, strike out a ton, but occasionally connects and hits it a mile" guys.

He's a high price Jhonny Gomes.

Except for the fact that Dunn leads the majors in home runs and gomes has what? 8 home runs with a .190 batting average?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

both probably have the same batting avg... but gomes has 8 in much fewer at bats.

Dunn is an everyday player

They are one and the same.

There is a reason that gomes doesn't play every day.

Archived