• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt on Rich Rod...YOU MUST READ THIS!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

If you're going to be the big bully on the block you better start acting like it.  If you look at who Leavitt went after, it was absolutely brilliant!  His comments were about those schools and person that deserted the Big East: Miami, Va Tech, BC and that jack*** Rich "we're like the Yank-mes" Rod. 

If anything, Leavitt is showing that USF will stand up to anyone for our conference.  Great move imo! 

If this season is like last year, and Miami keeps loosing these recruits (from a very over-hyped class)... then watch for UM to be double-digit underdogs for their first trip to RayJay.  Leavitt's comments aside, the underdog role will be more motivation for the canes than anything else. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Well he talked up the team in our conference and took a swipe at a team we would almost never play.  Pretty safe, but a new twist for him. 

he took a swipe at Miami, and we play them next year.

Big,

The man knows what he is doing.  Crazy like a fox.  He is setting up some animosity with an in state BCS team who we will be playing on Florida rivalry weekend for the next five years. 

Miami doesn't scare me.  Bring them on.  Truthfully, it is Miami who should be nervous.  We played them better than the scoreboard showed last time we met.  Since then, haven't they gotten worse and we better?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I am excited about Leavitt's public comments like this. Never heard these kind of statements before.

I've heard from private sources, golfing events with Leavitt that he is very excited & confident about this season.

I'll be honest, it is making me a little bit nervous.  Levitt usually has the canned "well they are a real tough football team, heck of team... you got to take them serious" kind of responses.  I used to hate his answers, but they have brought us a lot of success.

So I'm guessing you just want him to be quiet altogether then.

I have no problem with CJL having confidence in his boys. And he's right, we've beat them the last two years with Rod in the driver's seat. Did you see what WVU did to Oklahoma under Stewart? I think he has a right to be a little bit afraid. We are in no way superior to WVU because when push comes to shove they win the games that matter. They aren't going anywhere in this conference.

Archived