• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Revamped Big East lacks respect?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we need a power to emerge

it will one day be USF

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If any group is preceived to be inferior, members of that group will try to distance themselves from that group, preception wise.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We (Big East teams) need to step it up.  There is a window for us to improve.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East will really be in trouble if Pitt loses to Furman this weekend:

GAME OF THE WEEK:

No. 2 Furman (3-0) at Pittsburgh (1-1), 1:00

This I-AA upset thing could start to become a trend. New Hampshire took down Rutgers two weeks ago, and Maine went in and defeated Mississippi State last week. Now, the Paladins have an opportunity to prove that teams from outside the Atlantic 10 can take down a BCS level opponent. Furman has some experience knocking off I-A opponents with five total wins, though only one of those triumphs came in the last 18 years. The Panthers are saying all the right things, and appear to be taking the Paladins seriously. "People look at I-AA and see pushover," said Pittsburgh head coach Walt Harris. "But I’m sure Greg Schiano (Rutgers head coach) and Mississippi State head coach Sylvester Croom don’t believe that." The Panthers focus should be strong, and they will want to get a win at home. But as focused as they might be, Pittsburgh is not as good as Furman. With Ingle Martin at quarterback, the Paladins hold an edge at the signal-caller position. Pittsburgh’s offense is without last season’s stars at the skill positions, and the Furman defense has enough talent up front and in the secondary to shut the Panthers down. The Paladins are second in I-AA in total offense, and a running game averaging 300 yards per contest has to perform against a pretty strong Pittsburgh run defense. The defenses will battle it out most of the day, but Martin is the best player on the field and will live up to the hype with a late touchdown pass for the win. Prediction: Furman 20, Pittsburgh 14

http://netsports.footballworld.com/default.asp?c=footballworld&page=cfoot2/news/AGN3512794.htm

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

That prediction is laffable IMO.  Pitt is better than this board thought.  Pitt by 10.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Let's just hope the phrase, "You're going to be playing to some of the largest TV markets in the country," is on an index card that all the coaches are using to recruit players.

We will soon have the opportunity to get GREAT players from Florida, and the northeast. Something we have yet to do - seriously recruit in other areas outside of Florida.

If we don't become the new football powerhouse in the Big East, I will be greatly surprised.

Let's see, you could play in Pittsburgh, Louisville, Cincy, blah, blah, blah, OR you could play in sunny Tampa, Florida where the girls are hot, the days sunny, and the beach is just a few miles away.