• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers & WV Recruiting Shaping Up Well

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers' and WV's classes are shaping up pretty well already, if you care to take a look.

wrong board.

Actually, this is the recruiting board and, as they are our regular conference opponents and recruit here in FL, we do battle with them for recruits... Thus, this is no different than discussing how their season is going, as it pertains to ours, over on the main board. Wouldn't you agree?.....................

link?

I was assuming people would go to whatever recruiting site they usually follow USF on, but here is what Scout has:

Rutgers

http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p=9&c=8&yr=2009

WV

http://westvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=159&p=9&c=8&yr=2009

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

wrong board.

Actually, this is the recruiting board and, as they are our regular conference opponents and recruit here in FL, we do battle with them for recruits... Thus, this is no different than discussing how their season is going, as it pertains to ours, over on the main board. Wouldn't you agree?.....................

Frankly, I don't care where you post the topic, but I think he means the proper place to discuss it would be on the Big East board, since it involves Big East recruiting in general and WVU and RU recruiting in particular, rather than our own. But, you are correct, they are both off to a great start and will probably have top 25 recruiting classes. Hopefully, we will as well, when all is said and done.

BTW, here is another site, which keeps track of all Big East recruiting, all in one place:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/conference?confId=10&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fconference%3fconfId%3d10%26season%3d2009

wrong board.

Frankly, I don't care where you post the topic, but I think he means the proper place to discuss it would be on the Big East board, since it involves Big East recruiting in general and WVU and RU recruiting in particular, rather than our own. But, you are correct, they are both off to a great start and will probably have top 25 recruiting classes. Hopefully, we will as well, when all is said and done.

BTW, here is another site, which keeps track of all Big East recruiting, all in one place:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/conference?confId=10&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fconference%3fconfId%3d10%26season%3d2009

I am aware of that site, but thanks.

I chose specifically to post this topic on this board because it pertains specifically to USF and our recruiting competition with these institutions and I was looking for comments from those that frequent this specific board. To those that feel this board should contain only conversation on individual recruits (i.e. recruit-level competition) and not general class-level competion as it pertains to the institutions we are competing with directly for specific recruits and with whom we play annually, I apologize, but respectfully disagree.

P.S.

I have been trolling on thebullspen since '03 and have been on it, sometimes unfortunately, nearly every single day (although obviously rarely posting) since joining in '05, so I am aware that this is not an unprecedented topic.

On second thought, in an attempt to stem further debate over the relevance of this topic on this board and to get back to the subject, how about this:

-Per Scout-

We are in direct competition with Rutgers and West Virginia for several top recruits including Duron Carter WR (4*-ranked 45th), Mike Marry MLB (3*-ranked 19th), and Stedman Baily WR (3*-ranked 64th). In past recruiting classes they would likely have posed less of a threat, but the momentum of a recruiting class can have an affect on recruits that are on the fence and it would appear they are more of a threat for these recruits than in years past.

I have now taken this conversation from a class-level (no pun intended for you ISM/MIS/SYS people) down to a recruit-level. My original intent was for people to take the conversation here, as class-level applies to recruit-level through inheritance.

Mama,

I noticed I didn't get your signature jovial LOL in your response, hopefully I didn't upset you.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

WVU and Rutgers have been recruiting Florida heavily for a long time and have always been thorns in our side. Surprisingly, the two of them together now only have one Florida recruit, OC Jordan Weingart a WVU verbal who also was recruited by USF.

Rutgers previously held camps in south Florida and therefore had a large presence in that part of the state. I don't think they are allowed to do that anymore per recent NCAA regulations. Over the years they have beaten us out for a few guys, but not very many. I don't see them as being much more of a threat to us now.

WVU has always been more of a real threat to us, especially after they took so many of our asst coaches. They will continue being so, with Doc Holiday recruiting Florida for them. WVU has been a top 10 team for a number of years and, therefore, has more credibility than RU with Florida recruits.

Louisville was our primary conference rival for Florida recruits for a number of years, but they changed coaches, had a poor season and aren't thought of so highly.

WVU and RU not only have to compete with USF, but against everybody else as well for top Florida talent, so neither one will have all that much success. I'm more concerned mostly about some out of state ACC and SEC schools stealing away our recruits than I am anyone from the Big East.

WVU and Rutgers have been recruiting Florida heavily for a long time and have always been thorns in our side. Surprisingly, the two of them together now only have one Florida recruit, OC Jordan Weingart a WVU verbal who also was recruited by USF.

Rutgers previously held camps in south Florida and therefore had a large presence in that part of the state. I don't think they are allowed to do that anymore per recent NCAA regulations. Over the years they have beaten us out for a few guys, but not very many. I don't see them as being much more of a threat to us now.

WVU has always been more of a real threat to us, especially after they took so many of our asst coaches. They will continue being so, with Doc Holiday recruiting Florida for them. WVU has been a top 10 team for a number of years and, therefore, has more credibility than RU with Florida recruits.

Louisville was our primary conference rival for Florida recruits for a number of years, but they changed coaches, had a poor season and aren't thought of so highly.

WVU and RU not only have to compete with USF, but against everybody else as well for top Florida talent, so neither one will have all that much success. I'm more concerned mostly about some out of state ACC and SEC schools stealing away our recruits than I am anyone from the Big East.

Thanks Mama. I tend to agree that they will not be that big of a factor, even though a recruit deciding between us and one of them might look at our conference record and base their decision on both the momentum of their class and their success within the conference compared to ours. Hopefully that's an unlikely scenario.

I'm starting to miss all of the early recruiting hype E.T. used to do before the season started and I'm trying to get more conversations going.

Archived