• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Banks should not play again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I know we have a lot of problems with our offense which need to be addressed, but one thing I'm certain of is that Banks should NEVER see the field again.

We need EXPERIENCED QB's going into the BE next year, and we should only use Julmiste and Gachette this year, regardless of how they perform.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

It sounds like you are already giving up on this season.  It is only 1 lose and to a pretty good team.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

No, I'm just giving up on BANKS!

I couldn't stand him last year and I can't swallow him this year either.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50

I agree about Banks.  He simply does not have the talent to play at this level.

Guest wildrover

Actually its two games, the lack of performance last week and last year plus tonight should be enough to prove to anybody that this team isn't at the top tier in college football.  We have a scheme that our QB's can't handle.  They either need t give up onthe season and give the qb's as much playing time as they can so we can be at least competitive next year when we go into the BE or change the system.  Given that CJL only cares about his next opponent (so he says) I dont think they will do that, so now I have to wonder why they are not willing to adjust that pathetic offense which, not only hasn't improved since last year, looks worse.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17

... Banks should NEVER see the field again.

We need EXPERIENCED QB's going into the BE next year, and we should only use Julmiste and Gachette this year, regardless of how they perform.

I agree!  He'd make things a lot easier if he just left the team.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

its never a good sign when the radio announcer describes a pass as the worst he has ever seen....  

Everyone is quick to jump on RB but in this knee jerk reaction, most people dont realize PJ is just about as bad.  Neither one can consistently deliver an accurate pass, which is crucial in this horrendous 5yd dump off passes.  

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

The problem with those "bomb" passes is I beleive that is the CALLED PLAY. I watched practice last year and that seemed like all Banks was throwing and no one said "hey keep the ball down". It's like they play for a jump ball type thing. That's great if its third and long and the interception is inside the 15 but other than that, use your arm to throw the ball to the reciever, not a spot on the field.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone is quick to jump on RB but in this knee jerk reaction, most people dont realize PJ is just about as bad.  Neither one can consistently deliver an accurate pass, which is crucial in this horrendous 5yd dump off passes.  

Banks is a Senior, if he doesn't "get it" now then there's no reason to expect a turn-around. He had all off-season to work on his shortcomings. PJ might be no better, but if he's worse then at least he can be worked with to ensure that he improves.

I thought the story this week was Julmiste's sprained knee - if that's still the story, then we can expect him back at some point and Banks goes back on the shelf.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

many here was of that opinion last year some said it was an knee injury, but since when does an injured knee weaken the brain to consistantly make BAD ARSE decisions

we will get QB help next year, but it sounds as if the scheme needs to change.