• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

M Tennis to NCAA Tournament against 'Canes

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Bulls to Face Canes in First Round of NCAAs

TAMPA, Fla. – For the first time since 2003, the University of South Florida men’s tennis team have been selected to the field of 64 to compete for the NCAA Team Championships.

The Bulls (14-6) are coming off a runner-up finish to Notre Dame at the BIG EAST Championships and are currently ranked No. 42 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association poll.

USF will face a familiar foe in the University of Miami (16-7) in the first round of the championships. The two Florida schools were originally scheduled to face off in Coral Gables earlier in the season but the match was cancelled due to rain. In 2007, Miami defeated USF 5-2 at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts. The Canes are currently ranked No. 19 in the ITA. 

The match will take place on Saturday, May 10 at 1 p.m. in Gainesville, Fla.

Read full report on GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think USF has a real shot to upset Miami this year. If they get by them they'll have to face off against UF who they lost to earlier this year in a close match 4-3.

Here is a link to the Men's brackets:

http://www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports/Tennis_(M)/Articles/Division_I/2008%20Men's%20Tennis%20D-I%20Team%20Bracket%2029%2004%2008.pdf

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

bulls gotta make most of this opportunity

Archived