• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Awesome Mock Draft

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Its 5 rounds long and there is a reason for each pick.

Drafted players of note

#11 overall Buffalo Bills: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida 

I have a receiver or a linebacker going here for a while, but With Malcolm Kelly's stock dropping a bit, it's likely one of three things will happen with Buffalo's No. 11 selection:

Trade Down: The Bills need a massive receiver like Kelly or Limas Sweed to complement the lightning-quick Lee Evans. The problem is there aren't any wide outs worth taking in this spot. Buffalo should be able to swap selections with a team like Philadelphia and obtain the receiver of its choice.

Defensive End: I considered Phillip Merling at this juncture. From my offseason needs page: "The Bills could be in trouble at the defensive end position in 2008, as the guys who play across from Aaron Schobel - Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney - both suffered serious injuries toward the end of the 2007 campaign and will consequently not be able to work out during the offseason. Buffalo needs to upgrade its pass rush anyway, as the team managed only 26 sacks."

Cornerback: The Bills have major depth issues at defensive back in the wake of losing Kiwaukee Thomas, Jerametrius Butler, Jim Leonhard, Coy Wire and E.J. Underwood this offseason. Buffalo needs to knock off the Patriots, who have Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Ben Watson all catching passes from the NFL's single-season record holder for touchdowns.

Once Jenkins is ready, the Bills can slide Jabari Greer into the nickel slot, giving them one of the top secondaries in the NFL.

4th round #111 overall

Detroit Lions: Trae Williams, CB, South Florida 

It's a yearly tradition - eating turkey, falling asleep afterward and watching the Lions give up 40 points before the whole feast starts. Detroit's defense sucks, and it's time for a change.

Despite trading for Leigh Bodden and signing Brian Kelly, the Lions still need depth at cornerback.

Pick change; previously DeMario Pressley, DT

AND BECAUSE I LOL WHEN I READ THIS

4th round #124 overall

Tennessee Titans: Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida 

I'd rather see a receiver here than a running back - seriously, what are the Titans thinking with Eric Moulds and Brandon Jones - but Kevin Smith is too intriguing a prospect to pass up. Let's just hope LenDale White doesn't accidentally eat him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

THE APRIL FOOLS DRAFT IS VERY FUNNY

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008aprilfools.php

Archived