• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We can have an OCS today. Here's how

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

Pro Player its a great example of what happens when you design a stadium to hold both baseball and football. If has no feel for football the crowd has NO EFFECT on the opponents. Ill pass on that idea.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with dual use would be scheduling... the Rays would need the stadium a heck of a lot more than USF, and would expect to split a lot of the revenue...

Sorry, FOB.  This one is even farther than Tampa Bay getting the Olympics.

And besides that... you can usually design a stadium to be good for baseball and usable for football or good for football and usable for baseball... go look at Pro Player Stadium for a great example... :)

Last time I checked, all of the dual use stadiums were being demolished in favor for single use.  And even the Marlins are trying to build a baseball only stadiums.

• Content Count:  349

The problem with dual use would be scheduling... the Rays would need the stadium a heck of a lot more than USF, and would expect to split a lot of the revenue...

Sorry, FOB.  This one is even farther than Tampa Bay getting the Olympics.

And besides that... you can usually design a stadium to be good for baseball and usable for football or good for football and usable for baseball... go look at Pro Player Stadium for a great example... :)

Last time I checked, all of the dual use stadiums were being demolished in favor for single use.  And even the Marlins are trying to build a baseball only stadiums.

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm saying that... You can build a stadium that's usable for both, but most of the time it's good for one sport, and poor for the other... I've never been to a game in Pro Player, but I've heard that's it's great and well built for Football, but when you play Baseball in there, there's sections of the seats where you're out on the baseline in the outfield and you're facing out towards the flagpole beyond center field and have to crane your neck around to see the plate...

• Content Count:  32

Many good points. I realize this was a stretch, but finding alternate use can be a viable option.

The most salient thing pointed out was by s. bien was about Genshaft. If she put her support behind it, it would tip the scales.

There are big architecture firms that do nothing but build stadiums. Bigger financial concerns that do bond issues like these. They would salivate at the $$$ prospect of a USF stadium. If Genshaft approached them and said 'what would it take to get this', they would find a way to do it tomorrow.

Archived