• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leon Woods- class of 0'9

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

This reciever from lakeland lake gibson high is a stud. He is about 6'3 180. I was watching him in the lakeland game an he drug at least 6 defenders on his back. From what i have heard recently is that he was offered by Kansas. It would be a shame to lose this one from are very own pipeline. I also have read that he was second team all-state as a junior.

• Content Count:  720

I agree. USF should own the Lake Gibson and Lakeland pipeline. Lots of great talent in Polk County.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Lakeland is a pipeline to UF.  Will be tough to break in there.  Agree about Lake Gibson, and we have been successful with Grothe, Claude Davis and Josh Garvin.  Had James Jones until he went with FIU.

• Content Count:  720

My wife and I are both Lake Gibson and USF alums so we LOVE seeing the LGHS boys showing good in D1 football. You're right about Lakeland, but hopefully Taylor will turn some of those boys heads. Lakeland always has great linemen. USF really needs to work on an Armwood pipeline.

• Content Count:  526

I like the kids measurable but i've never seen him play. I'll just leave the evaluation up to the coaches. 

But I agree that we need to keep chippin away at the UF-Dreadnaught pipeline.  IMO Armwood is first priority though. Its too close to campus to not be getting those kids. This year they have at least 3 D1 prospects DEFENSE ALONE.  And 2 of them are elite at their position.

Archived