• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on 22 new USF players ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

Thoughts on 22 new USF players ...

. The signing of B.J. Daniels puts a big exclamation point on this class. Jim Leavitt said he was USF's No. 1 target at quarterback, and his coach at Lincoln, Kyle Rice, said he should be. Four-year starter, and Greg Gregory likes the Matt Grothe combo of throwing and running. One ranking has him with the fifth-strongest arm in the country, but Rice said what you can't see on Youtube is how smart a leader he is. "He's a coach on the field," Rice said. "He certainly understands football, and he understands leadership." The B, for the record, is for Bruce. Remind me to talk more about him and basketball on Thursday.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

Guess who I need to thank for giving me Jatavious Jackson's phone number? That'd be Jessie Hester Sr., the new head coach at Glades Central,

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I like our recruiting class overall.  I think the coaching staff did an outstanding job with who we do have and especially for Canales who seemed to be the key for BJ Daniels.  I still would have liked to see us get Streeter.  Overall, a very good (not great) recruiting class.  I would really like to see how many of Alabama's guys make it to school come fall and if there are any who cannot attend because of not meeting NCAA requirements.  The article the eve of LOI day, really still has me thinking that some of the final committs and bigger names took us off their list.

• Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Nice compilation Greg.

Archived