• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Lands One Of Nation's Top QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I went into superprep which is insiders according to the site.  Show me the difference between the sites as you claim their is a difference.  Why not just make it easy and provide a link to him being #8 rated as you claim to always provide proof ;)  

Since I don't pay for either site, I'll just provide you with this link:

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB2INZJZXD.html

"A Miami Central High graduate, Denson was rated the nation's eighth-best quarterback by SuperPrep in 2003 - Florida's Chris Leak was ranked third. Denson signed with Auburn, but became disenchanted after being moved to cornerback. "

You can take up any issues of accuracy with Brett McMurphy.   ;D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link that has him as the 6th best QB in 2003:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/recruiting/superprep100.htm

Yet another...

http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/uwire/081503aab.html

"Miami native Denson, 6-foot-0 and 180 pounds, led Central high School to a 10-2 season as a senior and threw for 1,905 yards and 21 touchdowns and ran for 615 yards and 12 scores. Named Dade County's Most Valuable Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year, Denson was named by Superprep as one of the top 10 quarterbacks. "

There are three links for you that have him in the top 10, even as high as #6.  That should be all the proof you need.

Can you find a source BESIDES the Insiders that has him as low as #32?   :P

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

This guy is not a QB.  You have better QB's on your roster.   UCF had Rivera, who was a top 25 rated QB in high school.   You see how well those recruiting rankings work.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

I still dont see him as #8 by superprep which I believe is insiders.  Not a big deal as he was obviously a highly touted player in high school who didnt show much as a qb at Auburn.  My buddy who is an Auburn alum said he is too small and has a weak arm.  He may be alright to run the option.  He also said that this kid was not going to be a starting cb as they have two returning seniors that start at corner.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  36

Paste away UEI, anyone that knows football knows that if he was going to be a good college QB, he would have been at least on the five deep after two years.

Now Bien, it appears you streched the achievements of Denson.  It seems he was not going to be a starter anytime soon, being #2 behind a sophmore who came in the same year that Denson did.  Now it is becoming clear why he is transfering.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2004_Previews/Auburn_defense.htm

This guy is not a QB.  You have better QB's on your roster.   UCF had Rivera, who was a top 25 rated QB in high school.   You see how well those recruiting rankings work.  

Using the Insiders rankings, this guy is ranked 5 slots behind your own Steven Moffett.  Are you telling me that the 27th ranked QB is the QB of the future at UCF and the 32nd ranked QB is not a QB at all at USF?  Gimme a break.

This is what I mean when I say that this transfer is stinging the hell out of the Knights right now.

Now Bien, it appears you streched the achievements of Denson.  It seems he was not going to be a starter anytime soon, being #2 behind a sophmore who came in the same year that Denson did.  Now it is becoming clear why he is transfering.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2004_Previews/Auburn_defense.htm

I'm assuming you meant to link to the OFFENSE if you were showing his competition at QB.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2004_Previews/Auburn_offense.htm

Now, according to that, Brandon Cox will be the backup.  Unfortunately for you, you're wrong again, as he was Class of 2002, not 2003 like Denson.  Plus, he was the 10th ranked QB of 2002 according to Insiders, an Insiders ranking a full 22 spots higher than Denson.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&sFirstName=brandon&sLastName=cox&yr=2002

So let's see, a year MORE experience AND a higher overall national ranking... and yet Denson was supposed to unseat him?  In what world?

Thanks for doing all this research on Denson, though, it shows how much his coming to USF bugs the hell out of you.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  36

What a moron, UEI, I meant defense because that is what he was playing.  He is no where to be found on the offense page, but he was on the defense page.  Now the guy he is behind is a sophmore, was also a four star athlete from Alabama.  Its very clear he was not going to play much defense also.