• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Punters/Kickers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

56 yard FG by Chamberlain Senior  :o

#16 NICK LOMARTIRE previous best was 49.

Also seems to be their Punter ... obviously a strong leg, after a safety, punted it to the 10.

Guest S.  Bien
56 yard FG by Chamberlain Senior  :o

#16 Nick Lomateer (sp?) previous best was 49.

Also seems to be their Punter ... obviously a strong leg, after a safety, punted it to the 10.

The only kicker we need to worry about and will probably sign is Reid Macko from Armwood.  The kid is amazing, great kickoffs, kicked a few 50 yard FG's last year as a junior.  He's amazing and has USF as his primary, and first choice.  Just waiting on a schollie- me thinks he'll get one for insurance.

I agree ... if he's good enough, a scholly is worthy. More important/valuable than punters.

Thanx ... they pronounced it a little off and my hearing isn't the best  8)

Thanx for stoppin' by and Good Luck this season ... AWESOME Kick ! Do you know if it's the record ?

• 2 weeks later...

Tate kicker sets state mark

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published September 11, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graham Gano, a senior kicker from Tate High in Cantonment, connected on a 65-yard field goal Thursday, believed to be the longest high school kick in Florida history.

"I knew he could kick it. He does it in practice all the time," said Tate coach Charlie Armstrong, who called for the kick on a fourth-and-17 from the Fort Walton Beach 48-yard line in the second quarter.

The previous career-long for Gano, whose strong leg also put a kickoff through the uprights Thursday in a 42-23 loss, was a 57-yard game-winner with 1:30 left in a game last year.

The previous state record was thought to be a 62-yard kick by Bartow's Grant Harley in 1999. Such long kicks are rarely attempted, but are less risky in high school because a missed kick that reaches the end zone results in the opposing team starting at the 20-yard line.

"If he misses, it's just as good as a punt," said Armstrong, whose school is north of Pensacola, just east of the Alabama state line.

Gano, an 6-foot-1, 180-pound all-state soccer player, has not been recruited heavily, with Central Florida as his only scholarship offer, Armstrong said. Louisville and Florida State have also talked with him, and Thursday's kick is likely to draw interest from other schools.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Do we have anyone to take over for Santiago?

BULLieve we just have walk-on talent ... it will be open.

I see us giving a scholarship if we can find someone to do it.

9-17-04

Hillsborough punter Tony Wall forced the Wildcats to begin their first two drives at their 6 thanks to a pair of fabulous punts, including a 51-yarder. Wharton started inside its 20 five times.

Plant's Lawrence McClure hit a 58-yard field goal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HowieP1

Free story on Zach Hobby who likes USF, but we evidently have not yet offered him a scholarship:

October 7, 2004

Oldsmar kicker boasts good genes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FlaVarsity.com Staff

While kickers are sometimes the last to receive a scholarship offer, they are many times the deciding player in a game’s outcome. Oldsmar (Fla.) Countryside kicker Zach Hobby is one of the lucky ones and midway through his senior season has already gathered four offers. Who is interested in signing him?

“64 D-I schools have sent mail so far, and UCF, Syracuse, Navy, and Army have offered scholarships,†commented the 6-foot-0, 205-pound prospect. He grew up flowing Florida, but now list six schools as favorites.

“Right now, I like Florida, Ole Miss, USF, UCF, Northwestern, and Penn State,†he said.

Hobby has received numerous awards, including all-county, all-district, and all-PCAC; and was the overall winner at the National Kicking Services Combine with a 100 percent showing on his field goal attempts, including a long of 55 yards and a 71-yard kick off average. He was also rated the No. 1 prospect in the southeast by Carol White, and during his senior season has made six of seven field goals with a long of 47 yards.

“I kick long and high,†he described his playing style, but continues to work on improving his game. “I am always trying to lower my get-off time on field goals and increase my hang time on kickoffs.â€Â

Hobby has big shoes to fill while showing off his leg, but is comfortable with the situation. His father, Phil Hobby was a professional soccer player in the NASL, and his brother, Chase Hobby, is currently a kicker at the U.S. Naval Academy.

Hobby is an excellent student with a 3.7 GPA and a 1,170 on the SAT.

http://flavarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=339984