• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Oregonian: "USF wasn't that good. And its opponents weren't, either."

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Bulls, don't let this fool get to you.  John Canzano is the local "yellow-journalist" hack.  He picked a fight with Coach Bellotti's ex-wife just to get a story . . . complete jerk.

Thanks, dude can't give the ducks a compliment.  I think we had a good team and Mike and his staff had a brilliant gameplan, and system, and it worked with your personnel to perfection.  Like USC, or like UGA...some teams were looking to distinguish themselves for 2008 on Monday and tuesday and I believe you all along with those two did it.  We've got a ways to learn.

we didnt have a good team at sun bowl and oregon's gameplan wasnt brillant.they just blocked,ran and tackled.

usf had no plan and players played with no heart and made oregon look brillant

• Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

wow... he can't be serious?  yes, Oregon kicked our asses, but to say Auburn and WVU aren't good and that USF isn't even as good as most of the teams in the Pac 10, among other claims in that article, is just dumb

usf isnt as good as most of the teams in pac 10

based on the way we played in the bowl, true

based on the way we played throughout most of the season, i'd like our chances against washington, washington st., arizona, stanford, and would not be surprised to see us beat cal, arizona st., ucla, or oregon st.

• Content Count:  585

While I don't expect this writer to address it, that line sure looks silly when one of the opponents USF beat this season just won the Fiesta Bowl over the Big XII champion.  We also beat the winners of the Chick-Fil-A and New Orleans Bowls as well as the Conference USA champions. 

Never let reality get in the way of a good headline...

USFFan

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Seeing that Cincy killed Oregon St this season, I say that I would like our chances against Oregon St too. I just believe that USF didnt respect Oregon that much which is why we were not ready for this game. I would have felt better if USF was the underdog in this game. Seeing the BIG EAST go 3-0 the last three years in the BCS games shows you that the BIG EAST is pretty tough.

• Content Count:  971

Embrace the humiliation!  :(

• Content Count:  919

Bulls, don't let this fool get to you.  John Canzano is the local "yellow-journalist" hack.  He picked a fight with Coach Bellotti's ex-wife just to get a story . . . complete jerk.

Thanks, dude can't give the ducks a compliment.  I think we had a good team and Mike and his staff had a brilliant gameplan, and system, and it worked with your personnel to perfection.  Like USC, or like UGA...some teams were looking to distinguish themselves for 2008 on Monday and tuesday and I believe you all along with those two did it.  We've got a ways to learn.

The truth.

• Content Count:  148

As aggravating as this article is; we really shouldn't read into it too much.  I'm sure Mike Bianchi has written a very similar article in the Orlando Slantinal today and its writers like this that show their ignorance of the sport.  Teams change and play better or worse as a season progresses, even undefeated teams, win by less or more as the season goes on, and despite rankings a loss is a loss, whether it is by 3 or 35.  The one thing the writer forgets is that Cincy or USF was all that Oregon was qualified to play this year given their 4 losses and they accepted the invite.  Point I'm making is that the writer doesn't catch is great teams play crappy games.  Can anyone make the same statement about OSU last year?  They got handled, but arguably they belonged on the field. 

While there is no denying the victory was by 35 points and there were plenty of things we didn't do well, we belonged there just like any other team who the committee could have selected belonged.  Of the 35 points, 14 were interceptions returned immediately and 7 came off a fumble.  I know "would-coulda-shoulda" but if we don't turn it over, and all remains the same, its a 35-21 "victory" for Oregon not a blow-out.  Hell, we may have even have scored one more time. 

Oregon, is an unusual team, they use a spread, odd formations, misdirections; trying to read that before the snap and react, its almost like WVU had an easier opponent that we did, becuase OU runs a conventional offense. 

• Content Count:  959

oklahoma sucks to---- play one bad game and you suck mentality

• Content Count:  29

oklahoma sucks too---- play one bad game and you suck mentality

Actually, Oklahoma does suck!  The only thing as good as watching my team win is watching the pOUters get crushed!  Everything about Oklahoma sucks: the state, their president, their coach, their fans, heck, even their coaches little brothers . . . oh yeah, the musical, that sucked too ;D

Archived