• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why were we completely unprepared to play!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

i agrree with almost everything except cjl fault. It is a huge problem we were unprepared. I listened to the press conferences and it made it seem like this team which we had seen on tv run the spread was going to just line it up like rutgers. This was terrible. They had the best game plan misdirection both sides and our guys couldnt figure it out. Next they ran a cinci style defense with a zone blitz which we do horrible against. Zone most of the time. I know we have lock down corners but I didnt see to much bump and run. I saw 10 yards off a majority of the time. We need to let this one go and hope to pick it up with the offseason improvements. Im out

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

playcalling reminded me of our mid-season skid.

7 page playbook.

predictable draws and hand-off options.

every time Grothe was under center, it was obvious Ben (or Ford, what little we saw of him) was going to get the hand off.

if we cant install some I-form, some 2 TE sets, some play/action or passing plays with Grothe taking snaps under center out of the Ace, or designed roll-outs which Grothe is more comfortable with, instead of trying to keep him in the pocket then letting him improvise, our offense is going to CONTINUE looking bush league well into next season and seasons to come. 

fire Greg Gregory.  period.  he's calling plays that may work for his son, but they aren't working for Grothe.  get him out. NOW!

and SOMEBODY needs to coach ball handling over there.  Amarri has held the ball like a loaf of bread, swinging it low and away from his body for THREE YEARS.  Ford has done the same thing most of the season.  Edwards did it today on a PR.  Grothe had a few runs where even after he passed the line of scrimmage he was still palming instead of tucking.  and TJ on the reverse was swinging the ball to the side, and lo-and-behold it cost us a turnover.

we've been seeing that for years... FIX THAT F**KING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

our defense didn't handle its business AT ALL. someone alreayd mentioned our LB's tendency to overpursue.  the lack of size (a sacrifice for speed) means big 230 lb. backs are going to stomp a mudhole in most of our players' asses.  outside the DL, only T-Mac and Ben had the size/strength to drop Stewart himself.  once he broke into the secondary, it took ALL our guys to stop him--- or at best push him out of bounds.  and Selvie, for all his overhypedness racking up sack records against **** schools like Elon and UNC, was completely contained, often by ONE oregon OLineman.

i disagree with the "running up the gut" statement when it comes to Stewart.  he wasnt just running up the gut, he was able to break it outside, run over or past the LBs, and take off for 10+ yards dragging DB's.

everybody is to blame for this loss, from Leavitt to Gregory to the players on the field.

next time--- IF there is a next time (i fully expect there to be)--- get your mind off bowling and beatboxing and shucking and jiving and all those stupid events and focus on THE GAME.

and to the fans---  students and alumni alike---  show some f**king class.  tell that fat, greasy, long-haired gorilla with bacne that bellowing "U-S-F" in the faces of Oregon fans at the Fan Fiesta CLEARLY doesnt improve your team's chances of winning.  and to the alumni, your smug, yuppy, holier-than-thou attitudes are equally as nauseating.

its time for our coaches, team and YES, our fans (not just the rowdy students, but ALL of us), to get our **** together and start acting like we belong with the big time...  otherwise, we might as well just make annual reservations for Birmingham.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i agrree with almost everything except cjl fault. It is a huge problem we were unprepared. I listened to the press conferences and it made it seem like this team which we had seen on tv run the spread was going to just line it up like rutgers. This was terrible. They had the best game plan misdirection both sides and our guys couldnt figure it out. Next they ran a cinci style defense with a zone blitz which we do horrible against. Zone most of the time. I know we have lock down corners but I didnt see to much bump and run. I saw 10 yards off a majority of the time. We need to let this one go and hope to pick it up with the offseason improvements. Im out

usf should have been prepared

usf failed to make any adjustments

yesterday's formula hasnt beaten usf before and yet usf looked stymied

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

playcalling reminded me of our mid-season skid.

7 page playbook.

predictable draws and hand-off options.

every time Grothe was under center, it was obvious Ben (or Ford, what little we saw of him) was going to get the hand off.

if we cant install some I-form, some 2 TE sets, some play/action or passing plays with Grothe taking snaps under center out of the Ace, or designed roll-outs which Grothe is more comfortable with, instead of trying to keep him in the pocket then letting him improvise, our offense is going to CONTINUE looking bush league well into next season and seasons to come. 

fire Greg Gregory.  period.  he's calling plays that may work for his son, but they aren't working for Grothe.  get him out. NOW!

and SOMEBODY needs to coach ball handling over there.  Amarri has held the ball like a loaf of bread, swinging it low and away from his body for THREE YEARS.  Ford has done the same thing most of the season.  Edwards did it today on a PR.  Grothe had a few runs where even after he passed the line of scrimmage he was still palming instead of tucking.  and TJ on the reverse was swinging the ball to the side, and lo-and-behold it cost us a turnover.

we've been seeing that for years... FIX THAT F**KING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

our defense didn't handle its business AT ALL. someone alreayd mentioned our LB's tendency to overpursue.  the lack of size (a sacrifice for speed) means big 230 lb. backs are going to stomp a mudhole in most of our players' asses.  outside the DL, only T-Mac and Ben had the size/strength to drop Stewart himself.  once he broke into the secondary, it took ALL our guys to stop him--- or at best push him out of bounds.  and Selvie, for all his overhypedness racking up sack records against **** schools like Elon and UNC, was completely contained, often by ONE oregon OLineman.

i disagree with the "running up the gut" statement when it comes to Stewart.  he wasnt just running up the gut, he was able to break it outside, run over or past the LBs, and take off for 10+ yards dragging DB's.

everybody is to blame for this loss, from Leavitt to Gregory to the players on the field.

next time--- IF there is a next time (i fully expect there to be)--- get your mind off bowling and beatboxing and shucking and jiving and all those stupid events and focus on THE GAME.

and to the fans---  students and alumni alike---  show some f**king class.  tell that fat, greasy, long-haired gorilla with bacne that bellowing "U-S-F" in the faces of Oregon fans at the Fan Fiesta CLEARLY doesnt improve your team's chances of winning.  and to the alumni, your smug, yuppy, holier-than-thou attitudes are equally as nauseating.

its time for our coaches, team and YES, our fans (not just the rowdy students, but ALL of us), to get our **** together and start acting like we belong with the big time...  otherwise, we might as well just make annual reservations for Birmingham.

so true on many points

leavitt doesnt like change so i dont expect anything different next year

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

It comes down to this...They knew what they wanted to do and did it. We didn't lol. We had no game plan on offense until the second half when we got the ball and had some plays designed. I said ok here we go. 9 yard gain on first down. Then nothing and we give up 28 points. Defensively we can stop teams like this..only when our dline can penetrate. I didnt see it one time in fact...it was the opposite. They controlled everything they opened holes up perfectly. I know i said it a few times, I played baseball and I'm not that fast but i could of got through those holes. It starts up front. They took our speed away from us with the misdirection to both sides. Honestly they ran the same three plays over and over. Why not? even the announcer said if you cant stop it....

We weren't ready for such size and speed.

We didn't have the right scheme to stop what they were doing.

Offensively we haven't adjusted to the zone defense. We won't beat rutgers,cinci and these teams until we can...

Maybe we need to dual quarterback it...I like grothe Im thankful for where he was helped this program get. I think he can improve in many areas and will but this is a big offseason for him as far as im concerned.

Pac-10 isn't overrated.

The big EAST ISNT EITHER...

If other teams adjust to your weaknesses and you don't change something is wrong. Add a fullback to that ford run and he gets to the next level. No fullback he is blown up everytime.

Im confident they will adress alot of issues and fix them. Watching these other bowl games and stuff makes me think we are not there yet completely. We have to cut down penalties and definitely work on some new plays.

Archived