• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thread concerning music in teh stadum - what to play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Still think the guitar intro for Slayer's Raining Blood should be played before big defensive downs. 

Heres a listend for those who doin't know.  Im just talking about the first minute from this.  Would need to cut the bass drums a bit too to make it fit right but nothing 10mins and fruity loops or acid pro couldn't fix.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikqka1NP5Vk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Rocky Top, I had an LSU fan tell me the same thing the other day. He went to the UCF game and said he had never heard music played over the PA before. I think HOT just doesn't have that many songs to play during all of the points where you would want to hear music.

Actually, HOT (and other bands in 'newer' programs) is constantly fighting to have more of a 'college' atmosphere - aka: more band.  As your LSU friend noted, at the games of 70+ year old programs (Big 10, SEC, etc), ALL of the atmosphere & music is provided by band & cheerleaders with NO music on the PA system.

• Content Count:  2,478

We should play Zombie Nation every down just to show UCF that a real stadium doesn't bounce.

I really wonder what all of their fans are going to say when it collapses and kills their whole fan base!

• Content Count:  1,238

:thumbsup :thumbsup

I never tire of seeing this clip or hearing the music. I can't get enough of that song. I play it, on repeat, all the way to the stadium for every home game.

• Content Count:  743

The newest "Boom" song would be a good one too.

• Content Count:  2,307

Ok, this may be weird...

But I didn't even know what song Zombie Nation was--so I YouTube'd it...and they already play that at games.  Now when I hear it I think "Let's Go Yankees" because that's what I've always heard, but...

I think that song would be cool---but everyone has it!  On YouTube the results had tons of schools bouncing to it.  I guess USF can use it til they find a better one...

And Bull Dozer--that clip makes me want to play MK...

• Content Count:  695

We need Tampa Bay's version of Welcome to Atlanta with some changes of course (remember the song that came out after the Bucs won the Super Bowl?)

• Content Count:  416

While I like some of Rage's stuff as alot of it's definitely energertic, I personally don't see Bulls on Parade as energetic nor crowd pleasing. Besides being called 'Bulls on Parade' what's the appeal? I think P.O.D.'s Boom while generic, fits arena music perfectly.

• Content Count:  2,307

Ok, after watching a few schools doing the Zombie Nation thing (Clemson Penn State, ect), I want it.  We just need to tell people to friggin' bounce!

• Content Count:  16

It is my belief that the guy who calls the music at the stadium prepares for each game with a call sheet of songs. He also has a lot of other things going on including telling the band when and when not to play - loading in each sponsored set w/ corresponding PA - calling each and every replay - calling camera shots - communicating with television/radio breaks to name a few. I'm personally a fan of the music that gets played.  ;)

Archived