• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SI Ranks Bowl Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I think most of the big bowls will have the "close, but not exciting" feel, like last year's Wake-Louisville Orange Bowl.

Besides, the lesser bowl games are usually the most fun to watch. Minnesota-Texas Tech last year (though it was on NFL Network and nobody saw it), the Marshall-East Carolina shootout in Mobile, Iowa-LSU in the Outback a couple years ago. And last year's Sun Bowl was pretty wild, too.

Pretty much any bowl game could be boring or could be a lot of fun.

• Content Count:  24

Oh, I agree that USC has been inconsistent (like everyone except Hawaii) and the result is they are not in and do not deserve to be in the championship game.  But, I am quite certain that, right now, they would beat anyone in the country.  As far as UCLA, well, I would bet on UCLA to beat Ohio State right now.  If you have seen Ohio State play, you are aware that, even thought they are the best the Big 10 has this year, they would not have come close to winning either the PAC10 or the Big East.  Hard to understand how, with their schedule, which, this season, was arguably no better than Hawaii's, they get the consideration they get. 

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Oh, I agree that USC has been inconsistent (like everyone except Hawaii) and the result is they are not in and do not deserve to be in the championship game.  But, I am quite certain that, right now, they would beat anyone in the country.  As far as UCLA, well, I would bet on UCLA to beat Ohio State right now.  If you have seen Ohio State play, you are aware that, even thought they are the best the Big 10 has this year, they would not have come close to winning either the PAC10 or the Big East.  Hard to understand how, with their schedule, which, this season, was arguably no better than Hawaii's, they get the consideration they get. 

i wont argue with u about OSU.  theyre terrible, the Big Televen is terrible, and they're most likely in for a serious raping at the hands of LSU (whom i think is pretty overrated as well).

im personally just tired of seeing the same teams make it to the NC every year...  its a constant rotation of OSU, Oklahoma, USC, LSU, etc. every year...  for once i would have liked to see another team in there...  if Oregon hadnt lost Dixon and held on to that spot, it would have been great.  WVU, Mizzou, even VTech or Georgia.

im just not excited about OSU/LSU...  and it certainly feels to me like the poll voters had predetermined LSU was going to get into the NC before the season started, and put them in despite a 2-loss season...  the first 2-loss team to make it to the BCS NC game.

• Content Count:  148

Props to Hawaii for an undefeated season, after the WVU game, we probably should've had one, but I'm having a real hard time with taking that team seriously not only because of their WAC schedule, while they won all their games, they have more INCONSISTENT than LSU, OSU or WVU.  Does anyone think that San Jose State could have a 21-0 lead on either LSU, OSU or WVU at any point in a game.  Well we saw OSU beat Washington, UW never had a 14 point lead in that game, let alone twice.  Some of Hawaii's games have been solid victories, but then again, the some of the WAC teams have seriously gone downhill.  5 of the 9 WeAc teams had losing records and 4th place goes to a 6-6 team. 

Proportionately, the WAC could be worse that the C-DOA or MAC.  I'm confident, we'd be undefeated if we played in the WAC.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I'm confident, we'd be undefeated if we played in the WAC.

USF would definetely be undefeated with Hawaii's schedule.  no doubt about it.

• Content Count:  148

Hawaii is going to actually have to face a real, actual, living 11 person defense, who actually takes the feild to tackle people, not a WAC cardboard cut out defense that can give up 70 some odd points. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Zook will have them up for that game and all the negative media/ press sentiment will definitely motivate them, they'll play like they did v. OSU.  I don't think they'll pull it off though, but it should be a good game for about 3 &1/2 quarters.  USC has homefield advantage (practically) and has become a better team over the past 3 games.  I know its hard, but forgetting about the Stanford game, USC is probably a better team NOW than OSU has been all season. 

usc will kill illinois

not even close

big 11 sucks big time as in big ten

Archived