• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Commercial = Minor League U(sf)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Completely agree... it looks like ****

Once again if you are going to do it half *ss don't do it at all, it just shows.

That is the thing with this school.  I played sports at USF and I will tell you right now this is the mentality they had, and I thought it was going away.  It looks like it was going away but then wham you see this commercial and you think "oh there is the old USF I know, trying to do it on the cheap!"

USF's Athletic motto when I played "Don't go over Budget!!!" along with "Don't get into trouble!!!"

So my question is this Does Ohio State or Florida just pay that much more, or do they have production companies lining up at the door to get their name associated with those schools?

excellence isnt demanded

medocrity is accepted

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

Smazza, how much are you donating in your demands for excellence?  As much as the BullGator that demands UF is excellent?

Do you even have football tickets anymore? 

This is sensationalizing.  Taking an allegedly bad commercial and using it to attack all of USF.

It gets tiresome.

• Content Count:  122
  • Days Won:  0

Lets get back to the point. The commercial is horrible and makes us look bad. We are going to have the biggest television audience we have ever had and should fix this.

Fixing the commercial is not going to cost us a sports team. These are the facts.

No one said it would cost a sports team.  I made that remark because it struck me as ironic that a former athlete complained about a USF commercial that plays during athletic events (athletics being the sole reason for the commercial).  The same athletic programs that likely gave him an education and us entertainment.

I am sure when that commercial was made someone thought they had a real winner.  Some people don't like it.  That's just tough.  They'll probably be a new one again next year and a whole new group of people can dislike it.

How about USF spend some money and pay a big media company to create something that will make our University look distinguished.

Who did they use?  Do you know?

How about USF spend some money and pay a big media company to create something that will make our University look distinguished.

Who did they use?  Do you know?

I care less about the producer and more about the product. I just expect more from an up and coming University. This isn't UCif.

• Content Count:  213

It's not the money -- it's the content.

You can make a commercial just as 'bad' or 'good' as this one for 10 times the cost. You can make a better one at this price -- if the concept and execution are better.

Yeah, so clearly USF made what they thought was good.  And some folks don't like it so they bash the school. 

The knee-jerk reaction is to criticize USF for not spending money when the critic doesn't even know what they spent. 

::)

Without changing the subject or sensationalizing, is the commercial good or not? That is all I am concerned with.

It may be to some, it may not be to others.

In any event, if it did not meet your standards, I don't believe it is because USF was too cheap, or had some high school do it.

Archived