• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fox Sports on BE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It is going to take four or five years before the Big East can get the respect it really deserves.   

A&M got blown out by a horrible Miami team. 

Texas struggled with a poor UCF team and Arkansas St.

Ok State got killed by Georgia and Troy. 

Texas tech struggled with UTEP.

K State was demolished by Fresno State.

Nebraska struggled with Wake Forest and Ball St.

Colorado struggled with Colorado St., killed by Az St, lost to mediocre Florida St.

Baylor....is Baylor

Iowa St. losses to Toledo, Kent, and Northern Iowa

Kansas and Oklahoma had two of the weakest OOC schedules in the nation.

Missouri by far has the best OOC with wins over Illinois and Ole Miss. 

Outside of Missouri, know one in that their conference has an OOC game that is even mildly impressive.  When people come out and have such strong opinions of the strength of conferences it is really just a complete joke. 

until all big east teams schedule teams like auburn on raod and beat them like usf did,big east will get no respect

was that a positive from smazza?

if so, HOF post!

playing quality teams on the raod is name of the game and i commend usf for doing it

but it should be done every year

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

mizzou has Oklahoma twice! Thats no easy task.

I agree WVU out of conference is very weak, (just because miss. State is in the sec, does not automatically make them good!) but if they are gonna make that argument against WVU, they also need to look at Ohio State who played no top teams this year and are somehow still in the run for the title. I think their SOS was about as strong as Hawaii's, although Hawaii played boise state.

The main thing from this year is that there is no dominant team, the talent pool seems to be spread very evenly this year amongst the teams.

wv needs to play better teams

so does ohio state

check out usc's opponents next couple of years

haha. usc's future schedule like.......ohio state.

ohio state has home and homes with USC, Cal, Cincy, Va Tech, and Miami ( probably tough game when it was scheduled, possibly tough when it is played ) all coming up.  i can't say much for this year though. 

Mizzou played Illinois and Ole Miss not like they weren't trying.

those teams have been at the bottom of their respective conferences for years. 

big 12 has more quality teams

and texas is having an off year

big 12 deserves more respect

we need to be honest

i certainly wouldnt say that they dont deserve more respect as a whole conference , or that they don't have more quality teams.  but people get carried away with the gap.  their aren't enough meaningful OOC games played by any conference.  i think that the Big East is still looked upon by a lot of people as a non legit conference is laughable.

Archived