• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tale of 2 teams. Cincy runs up the score and USF plays prevent defense.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Cincy scored with a minute left instead of getting the first down and running out the clock.

Meanwhile, USF decided to be nice and give up 3 TDs on prevent defense.

Does the 21 point Cincy win with Mauk getting well over 400 yards look better than an 11 point USF win?

Hopefully the arguement never has to come into play.

leavitt coaches like a *****   

usf needs a friggin heart transplant

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it would never come down to a late Cincy score deciding our bowl fate, but if it did I still wouldn't blame our staff for not trying to blow out Pitt.  The real blame would go back to 8 turnovers against Cincy, a poor performance against UConn, and being out willed against Rutgers.  If we do just one of those things better, which was perfectly possible,  we don't have to worry about trying to run up the score against Pitt.

i blame staff

we should try to score every time we have the ball

we can use the practice

Well, the coaches and the Harris pollsters will look at the scores and go "hmmm"... it absolutely will have an effect on their votes..

Remember, Cincy was ahead of USF in both polls last week... if their distance ahead of USF grows, they could leap over USF in the BCS and start packing their bags for El Paso...

THAT is why it matters.

scores always have an effect

the 'WOW" FACTOR

Voters and Bowls don't loom at games the same way hardcore fans do.

USF is more attractive for MANY more reasons.

Go BULLS !!!

BASED ON WHAT IS USF MORE ATTRACTIVE?

THE PAST!

OUR PRIOR BOWL APPEARANCES?

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know how the Sun Bowl changes the formula-- obviously it is a better paying bowl-- so you would assume whoever goes there gets a better cut than before. But between the International, PJC, and MCC--- the numbers are identical.

Because of the Big East Conference's revenue sharing plan, there is little financial difference in the bowl destinations. I'm sure USFJimSig has posted this, but:

The Big East pays schools that make a bowl game on a tiered basis, with a BCS game worth $2.4 million, the second bowl $1.6 million, the third $1.3 million and the fourth and fifth $1.1 million. "We just take all our bowl money, put it together, and we distribute it fairly," said associate commissioner Nick Carparelli, adding that the league wants to make sure schools can cover their expenses.

In other words, the real difference between the Gator/Sun and International Bowl is only $500K -- much less than the published payout amounts would suggest.

From http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm

I don't know how the Sun Bowl changes the formula-- obviously it is a better paying bowl-- so you would assume whoever goes there gets a better cut than before. But between the International, PJC, and MCC--- the numbers are identical.

Because of the Big East Conference's revenue sharing plan, there is little financial difference in the bowl destinations. I'm sure USFJimSig has posted this, but:

The Big East pays schools that make a bowl game on a tiered basis, with a BCS game worth $2.4 million, the second bowl $1.6 million, the third $1.3 million and the fourth and fifth $1.1 million. "We just take all our bowl money, put it together, and we distribute it fairly," said associate commissioner Nick Carparelli, adding that the league wants to make sure schools can cover their expenses.

In other words, the real difference between the Gator/Sun and International Bowl is only $500K -- much less than the published payout amounts would suggest.

From http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm

I hadn't posted it, but others have... and yes, the Big East's revenue sharing makes it great to get to any bowl game, regardless of the payout.

Archived