• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sorry if this was brought up already.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

but doesnt the Big East get another BCS bid if their champ goes to the BCS Title?

And isnt the rule that the team with the highest BCS Ranking GET the bid?

Please inform me....

No. Each conference gets one and only one automatic bid.

A mid major team (like Hawaii) and/or Notre Dame can get an automatic bid if they meet certain conditions.

The remaining 2,3, or 4 bids can go to any team in the Top 14 - provided that no more than two teams from each conference get a bid.  If there aren't enough teams in the Top 14 for this season, then BCS bowls can select a team from 15 through 18 (again assuming no conference gets more than two bids).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

A mid major team (like Hawaii) and/or Notre Dame can get an automatic bid if they meet certain conditions.

The remaining 2,3, or 4 bids can go to any team in the Top 14 - provided that no more than two teams from each conference get a bid.  If there aren't enough teams in the Top 14 for this season, then BCS bowls can select a team from 15 through 18 (again assuming no conference gets more than two bids).

It's top 18 now I believe. I may be wrong, that may not go into effect until next year.

It's top 18 now I believe. I may be wrong, that may not go into effect until next year.

The "Top 18" rule is a "triggered" rule.  The standard of Top 14 remains, but if there aren't enough eligible teams in the Top 14 (because they are in conferences which already have two teams in BCS bowls), then a team in the 15 - 18 position (with 9 wins and from a conference with only 1 bid) can be selected.

Archived