• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going to Sox game tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

i was one of the people that liked Grady Little... he's gonna be labled forever as a bad manager because of that one pedro thing... but francona has been making hundreds of questionable decisions, and pair that with the defense... and it stacks the cards against us.   Its too late to change coaches this year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry but I am a homer so I am glad the Bosox screwed up last night.  Way to go Hall.  It is a shame that you local people do not support the home team but that is another subject.  

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't get to go last night.  Last minute teacher-emergency with my wife (she had to finish getting her classroom set up) so I ended up getting drafted to help.

It's probably better that way.   ;D

Sorry but I am a homer so I am glad the Bosox screwed up last night.  Way to go Hall.  It is a shame that you local people do not support the home team but that is another subject.  

I'll support the rays, when they aren't playing MY home team.  Its a shame that people expect someone to change their allegiance based on where they live, rather than being dedicated to their team that they have loved all their lives.   But thats another subject.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It's a Red Sox thing.  You wouldn't understand.   ;D

They haven't had a team for very long here... they wouldn't understand loyalty like that.  

Now if a bucs fan was living up in New England... you know they would remain bucs fans.   Very similar... but not quite on the same scale.

Sorry Velcro but according to the map you live in Valrico so I would have to say that the Bosox are your home team would be a mistake.  Also,  just as a curiousity do you also then cheer for the Patriots and the Bruins over the true home team in this area?  I find it funny when people change an allegiance when the winning occurs.

On that note I would be the first to admit if I moved to another area it would be hard for me to change the passion I have for the teams in this area so I do understand if you came from there.  I just hate all the stinking Sox fans (and Yankee fans) that live here and go to the game cheering for the other team.  I am sure you will not find that in there stadiums.

I live in Valrico, but i was born and raised in New Hampshire/Massachusetts, so sorry GU, my true home teams are the teams I grew up loving.  I've always been a sox/pats/bruins/celtics fan, and i always will be.   Those are my teams for life... even if we place in last in every one.  I rooted for the bucs in the super bowl 2 years ago, because my team, the pats, were missed the playoffs... but if it were pats vs bucs, Pats would be my choice every time.

I am sure it is unique to this area, all the yanks/sox fans that live down here... but there are a decent # of indian fans too, (not quite to that scale).

Member map shows where you are presently, not where you are originally from.  I went to school at USF and have been here since 96 because of school/job... and like florida enough to call it my home, but that doesn't mean i should drop my allegiance to the Sox....that will never happen.

It is America so of course a person can cheer for whoever they want.  

I just hope when and if you have children they enjoy the HOME team as much as you did when you grew up.  I guess over time it takes championships to create a fan base.  

As for the Indians fans I have several of them as friends so I agree with you there.  I can't convert them either but I will keep trying.

If i do end up living in Tampa when i have kids down the road, i'm not going to force sox on them, nor will i force USF on them, but i'm certainly going to go to USF games and sox games, and if they go, they may catch that fever too... but it will certainly be their choice.