• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemens asked to leave after arguing call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Clemens asked to leave after arguing call

/ Associated Press

Posted: 22 minutes ago

Houston Astros pitcher Roger Clemens was asked to leave a youth baseball game over the weekend for arguing a close call that went against his son's team.

Clemens was at the game Saturday watching his son, Kacy, compete in a 10-and-under game organized by Triple Crown Sports when Clemens contested a call at second base that went against the Katy Cowboys.

He spit sunflower seeds at an umpire's leg and was asked to leave, said Jim Carpenter, a field supervisor with Triple Crown.

"I supported the umpire's decision and he (Clemens) respectfully left," Carpenter told the Craig Daily Press.

Katy lost the game to the Bakersfield Curve, 11-5.

Triple Crown Sports features a franchise system aimed at pitting top teams from across the country against each other.

Clemens' agent, Randall Hendricks, did not immediately return a call Monday. Clemens has racked up 322 wins and 4,240 strikeouts in his 21-year major league career.

Fox Sports

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

10 and under? What an *****! So much for theory of parents living vicariously through their kids in youth sports. Some people are just dickheads PERIOD

And why is this an AP story .........??

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

10 and under? What an *****! So much for theory of parents living vicariously through their kids in youth sports. Some people are just dickheads PERIOD

And why is this an AP story .........??

He was warren sapp like to the fans and media in beantown during his red sox run.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I heard on the radio that it wasn't nearly as bad as first reported.

I heard on the radio that it wasn't nearly as bad as first reported.

He did go onto the field of play and spit seeds on an umpire in a 10 and under game. This isnt gamboa type stuff but it is pretty bad. I certainly would not go onto the field during one of my son's games and spit a seed on an umpire.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he wasn't a coach?

he could have been arrested for trespassing and should have if he spat at feet of umpire

he wasn't a coach?

he could have been arrested for trespassing and should have if he spat at feet of umpire

He wasn't a coach.  He now says he never went on the field and that he must be a seed spitting champ to hit the ump from off the field. I think their is a little coverup going on but who cares. Story is over.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the king of cover ups

tricky dicky celebrated 30 year aniversity yesterday when he was kicked out of office