• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't think the bandwagon...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

... will be as empty as everyone thinks.

I know the die-hard loyals on here have seen fans come and go. And to some degree, the sentiment about Tampa fans only supporting winners probably has some truth to it.

However, I don't think we'll ever see pre-WVU 07 attendance numbers again.

Here's why:  I think most people were simply just ignorant about USF football. USF wasn't really perceived "big time" by the casual fan. People place their identity into their team, to some extent, and no one wants to feel "inferior" to the popular school fans.  In the mind of much of the nation, USF has now "arrived".

This season has and will forever change the perception of USF football. Mark my words, you think USF has reached the top?  We're nowhere near where we're going to be in the next 10-15 years.

There will be an attendance drop, and I forsee the student ticket frenzies not being quite as rabid. But I guarantee you we bring 50k to every remaining home game this year.

Am I right or wrong?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  133

I say you're right. Tampa and the whole nation got a taste. They will be coming back for more. GO BULLS

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

You are dead on and we are young too. We are not going anywere. I still think we sell out the last two home games.

GO BULLS

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the cincy game almost sold out? If so it would seem stupid for people who have tix to not use them.

If anything I would worry a little about next yrs attendance with uconn, cuse, and pitt coming to town...shouldn't have to worry about people showing up to see us get some revenge on ru

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

the wagon will fill up again when we win our next game and still hover around the top 10. 

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  771

that 'wagon' hasnt left. if anything, it proves to the nay sayers, that we are here to stay. Will we drop a bit, sure. Is it expected... yep. But the next home game is Homecoming and that in it's own right should draw a pretty good group.

We just have to finish out strong. Uconn is next.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  104

I generally agree with you on the attendance numbers.  If we drop back down to 25-35K next year, then we'd have to admit that we're basically going to be like Maimi who can't draw fans regardless of how they perform.  But, I'm hesitant to agree with you on this statement:

Mark my words, you think USF has reached the top?  We're nowhere near where we're going to be in the next 10-15 years.

How many teams are there that have been around a lot longer that USF who have NEVER been ranked anywhere near #2.  To think that we're just going to get back there again because we've done it once is a bit presumptuous.  That's why the loss last night stings so bad.  We had our chance - a real chance - to play for a national championship.  Look at how everything fell into place this year.  Auburn playing poorly against us and then beating UF, all the upsets in the top 10 week after week after week culminating with half the top 10 losing the week that we be WVU, etc. etc. etc.  The stars aligned perfectly to give us a chance, and we blew it in Picsatawny.  You might be right and we might get that chance again in a couple years.  But it could easily be 40, 50, 60 years or longer before we have a chance like that again.

It's like Dan Marino.  You've got to take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves.  He got to the Superbowl in his second season, lost, and never went back.  I can't help but wonder if, after that loss, he didn't think "you think Miami has reached the top?  We're nowhere near where we'll be in 10-15 years".

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

I plan not to sell any of my extra seats next year, I can tell you there will be more people in the stands, more fans at the watch parties and more iconic U logos appearing in Orlando. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  282

... will be as empty as everyone thinks.

This season has and will forever change the perception of USF football. Mark my words, you think USF has reached the top?  We're nowhere near where we're going to be in the next 10-15 years.

Am I right or wrong?

You are a prophet.  I believe that you are SO correct that I believe that we have arrived at the perfect time for me to expand the number of season ticket seats that I am holding before people realize that this was NO flash in the pan!  And my brother too!