• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking Long Term...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

OK, the sun came up this morning.

All is not lost.

We can still have a great season.

One point I would like to make, is long term this may actually be helpful, not to be thrust into the NC game this quickly.  As we all know, the critics were going to come out of the woodwork if we kept winning.  The CFB world LOVES tradition.  We have just built up a little tradition by being ranked # 2 ever so briefly.

See, for example, a couple years ago, WVU was being bashed by the national media when they went to a BCS game, but then they won.  So they built up a little credibility.  Now, if they go to a BCS game or NC game, it is no big deal to the media and the traditionalists.  Why, because they built up the credibility.  Our rise was so fast, we didn't have time to build up cred. 

But, next time we rise to the top 5, and there will be a next time very soon, we will have have built up some credibility, because we have been there before.  People will say, Oh, that's USF, they are supposed to be good, instead of all the critics we are getting now.  Next time we get there we will be seen as a little more legit, because we have been there before.  Building up legitimacy and credibility as we go along.

Next year when we get to the top 5 again, (or even later this year if we win out), we will have been there before.  The more times we get there, the more legit we become.  This is good long term when we go to challenge for the NC and/or BCS bowl games over the next several years.  Look at the long term people, we will be back, and we will be seen as a power.  All part of the process on our way to getting there.

Just my thoughts.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

i was thinking about this earlier, and i agree. it's never a good thing though to be criticized like USF was this week, then to actually lose like that. perhaps it'll affect those next year who are ranking teams. "hmm, USF is 3-0, but will they fold if i rank them high like last year?"

that's why we need to finish strong.

Archived