• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are the fastest to top 25, top 10, top 5. What's next? FASTEST TO #1!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGB31XVFO6F.html

If what Brett says is true, why isn't this a bigger story?

I'm surprised I haven't seen the "fastest" story more on SI and ESPN.

It was a HUGE story when it happened.  Not sure why you think it should be even bigger then that, tho...

And yes, Boise State was faster to the Top 25 ... the error in the report is due to a miscount by USF SID... but USF is the fastest in the "modern era" to Top 10 and Top 5....

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

SEEMS like a big story too me

• Content Count:  1,477

Well we've finally arrived.. no need for all the analysts to keep talking about it!

• Content Count:  849

It was a HUGE story when it happened.  Not sure why you think it should be even bigger then that, tho...

And yes, Boise State was faster to the Top 25 ... the error in the report is due to a miscount by USF SID... but USF is the fastest in the "modern era" to Top 10 and Top 5....

I thought Boise State was faster to the Top 25 in the Coach's Poll and we were faster to the Top 25 in the AP poll.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/south-florida/2007/09/17/

• Content Count:  3,403

I thought Boise State was faster to the Top 25 in the Coach's Poll and we were faster to the Top 25 in the AP poll.

Regardless, Boise is only faster once a team is in 1-A.  We are still the fastest program to make it into the top 25 from conception of a program.  And as others say, we're the fastest to the top 10 and top 5 because Boise didn't make it there until last year.

• Content Count:  16,394
  • Days Won:  43

I think many people are stunned and shocked about what is happening right now with USF.

• Content Count:  358

"In just their seventh season as a full-time member of Division I-A, now known as the Bowl Subdivision, the Bulls’ rise to national recognition is the second fastest in college football history, at least in regards to the coaches’ poll. The fastest program was Boise State, which also received a national ranking in its seventh season. According to South Florida, it took the Broncos 114 coaches’ polls to get ranked while it took South Florida 124 polls to crack the coaches’ top 25.

According to the Tampa Tribune, South Florida now has the record in the Associated Press poll. The paper reported that the Bulls were ranked after 104 A.P. polls during the fourth week of their seventh season. Boise State had the previous record, getting ranked after 115 A.P. polls during the 13th week of its seventh year as a bowl-eligible Division I-A member. "

Can anybody confirm to the top 25?  I know we are the fastest to a top 10 and top 5 ranking.  If so, I would like to see this on some apparel.  That's something I would be very proud to wear.

Archived