• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In State Trap Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone was expecting us to blow out FAU.  Everyone will expect us to blow away UCF.  That is a characteristic of a Top 10 team.  However, what lies beneath all of this is that FAU and UCF are going to bring there A game.  In state recognition and recruiting (ability to take 1 or 2 of our recruits) are on the line as well.  I understand why FSU doesn't want to play us.  I also understand why we are not continuing our series with UCF.  I don't blame the reasoning why.  BC, LSU, and USC all had tough competition (USC lost) from in-state teams they were supposed to blow away.

I just hope this coming Saturday we finish UCF off early as our next game is on a Thurs night against Rutgers. Even though it may sound ridiculous, FAU and UCF may end up being our tough games of this year.  In return, I hope this elevates our play to the next level where we beat every team in the BE.

GO BULLS!

Everyone was expecting us to blow out FAU.  Everyone will expect us to blow away UCF.  That is a characteristic of a Top 10 team.  However, what lies beneath all of this is that FAU and UCF are going to bring there A game.  In state recognition and recruiting (ability to take 1 or 2 of our recruits) are on the line as well.  I understand why FSU doesn't want to play us.  I also understand why we are not continuing our series with UCF.  I don't blame the reasoning why.  BC, LSU, and USC all had tough competition (USC lost) from in-state teams they were supposed to blow away.

I just hope this coming Saturday we finish UCF off early as our next game is on a Thurs night against Rutgers. Even though it may sound ridiculous, FAU and UCF may end up being our tough games of this year.  In return, I hope this elevates our play to the next level where we beat every team in the BE.

GO BULLS!

Stanford is in the PAC-10, not an OOC opponent. They play each other every year, since the PAC-10, was the PAC-8. Do a search on the history of the two schools.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I am much less worried about UCF than I was about FAU. We don't have any emotional attachment to FAU, plus it was a road game. UCF's fans and their inability to shut up and accept reality will cost them this game. They provide an almost endless source of motivation for USF.

• Content Count:  348

Agreed on dumping these in state games against nobodies that are no win situations even in the ESPN commentators eyes. I'd love to dump UCF and the FAU/FIU types for the likes of an ECU, Ga. Tech, or NC State. All of those are slightly better schools in down years and Good schools in up years, but without the in state "friends yet rivals" emotion. I could even see us playing any of these teams in a "neutral site" game in Jacksonville, which would help recruiting.

EDIT:  And by better I mean better than our current in state opponents, not better than us.

• Content Count:  294

I'd love to dump UCF and the FAU/FIU types for the likes of an ECU, Ga. Tech, or NC State. All of those are slightly better schools in down years. I disagree. I'd prefer we go after competition on our level or teams perceived as being better. That's how we got here, not by softening our schedule.

FAUFB, read this post thoroughly.  There was no mention of OOC vs In-Conference. 

GO BULLS!

Stanford is in the PAC-10, not an OOC opponent. They play each other every year, since the PAC-10, was the PAC-8. Do a search on the history of the two schools.

• Content Count:  348

bullroarer you cant play a top 25 team every week, Nobody would make it through there.  As it stands we are in the top ten for SOS and two years ago we were in the top five in SOS at the end of the year.  Every team schedules a "cupcake" gme or two each year, look at Florida with Troy, Western Kentucky, and FAU this year.  Atleast I was suggesting either ACC teams or a C-USA team that annualy plays West Virginia, the so called powerhouse of our conference.

USF wants to have FAU, FIU, and/or UCF on the schedule every year... look at our Future schedules:

2008 -- @ FIU

2009 -- vs FIU

2010 -- vs FAU

Expect to see UCF back in the future... hopefully as a 2 for 1, but probably as a 1 for 1...

With FIVE non-conference games to schedule, it's tough to find teams without looking at our in-state rivals.

Archived