• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some Positives from the FAU Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

USF Fans:  If we didn't have at least 9-10k there then we were close to it.  Yeah, it was an easy drive down for most, but I think it's still impressive for facing a non-marquee opponent. I wonder how many we would have brought had it been, say, Miami? (15k?)

Williams: I was disappointed when the crowd starting chanting "we want Ford", right after a good run by Williams. Fords got the "show" and the "name" no doubt, but make no mistake ...Williams carries his weight and has come through for us more than a couple of times.

Selvie: You could definitely tell when he went down to injury. The FAU QB suddenly began to look like an All American.  He STILL leads the nation. Can wait to see his numbers at the end of the year.

Grothe: Not much throwing in the game, so Grothe broke out last years playbook and had 2-3 more of those "highlight reel" runs that have been more rare this year now that we have some RBs in the stable.

Team discipline:  Greg Auman has something in his blog about how USF is getting better and better at penalties, but that's now what Im getting at here. Im getting at the teams ability to 'tough out' and get the win despite all the factors, emotional and physical, that stood in their way.  It HAD to be hard to get up for this game.  This whole season has been super emotional for the team, with what has become (in my opinion), somewhat unrealistic expectations placed on their shoulders.  The facilities even made it hard to get up for the game...felt like playing backyard ball. Combine all that with FAU playing their surprisingly good A-game, and Im happy that our team didn't let it get to them and still pulled out a win that almost beat the spread.

We Won: And tied the previous school record for best start to a season. And we remain undefeated with UCF coming to OUR HOUSE this weekend!

• Content Count:  294

It was apparent we outnumbered their fans - I think it wierded out our team. J/K.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I am surprised our gameplan involved that much passing early.

It was so windy, you knew it was going to wreak havoc, especially if your qb i already having accuracy problems.

When we started running the ball constantly, we were way more successful.

• Content Count:  275

I'm going to say my favorite USF play was the fake handoff which was SO good, even the cameras didnt catch it. It was SO good that even after rewinding it and replaying in slow mo 3 times I still couldnt figure out how the hell they pulled that off so well.

Had almost 9 D's on the runner and grothe ran it in.

• Content Count:  2,461

It was about time we had some fake handoffs. What a ground combo with Williams and Grothe. Just wow.

He went a long way towards solidifying a spot over Ford. Ford was probably jealous as heck on the sideline.

Archived