• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local and international impact of Friday's game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

We all realized that the game Friday night was a chance for USF to show the nation how far they have come as a program.  I certainly had no idea that the game would change the opinions or spark interest of those in my little world.

In the business that I work for we have a mix of local American born employees whose interest in sports is generally limited to the NFL with specific interest in the Bucs.  We also have clients and their employees from overseas who normally only care about soccer and Formula One racing. Normally people would only politely listen if I happened to bring up Bulls football and really had little to no interest.  This morning was certainly different than the norm.  The local guys went out of their way to speak with me about the team saying that they were impressed with their play especially on defense.  Some even admitted that it was the first time that they had actually sat down and watched a USF football game.  The guys from overseas also came up to me to speak about the game. They had been in a bar and heard a lot of cheering and upon realizing that it was my favorite team, all agreed to watch.  They were impressed with the fans and the players'  intensity and enthusiasm.  This from guys who normally do not care for American football.  One of them hopes to be back in town so that he can take in a game with me later this year.

All I can say is "WOW!" :o

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Music to all of our ears ;D

• Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

That is GREAT!!!

Bulls Nation is growing... and yes, we do allow undocumented fans!!

undocumented = without degrees! ;) ;) ;)

BULLS Country!!!!  ;)

Archived