• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time yet...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

to stop worrying about our strength of schedule, and how the Big East is perceived?

We have beat an SEC team, given an ACC team a smack-down, and if we win on Friday, will be moving very close to the top 12ish.

I for one don't feel the need to worry about what Auburn or UL, or anyone else (except the teams in front of us) do for the rest of the season. I wish them well, but we are on the radar now. We control our own destiny as much as any other team outside of the top 5. We have games left against ranked opponents, but all we need to do it win. If we do that, we WILL be moving into the top 10 very soon.

It's a great time to be a Bull, and as much as I want the Big East to be a strong Conference, I want to win it. The Big East has proven itself, we need to do the same.

Having said all of that, the Conference is strong. I think Friday is very nearly a "must win" for us to. With UL struggling, one loss could be all it takes to knock someone out of this race. Cincy has picked it up, and they have WVU at home, but other than us or them, I don't think anyone is going to beat WVU.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

WVU's defense is better than UL's, but they might have the 4th best defense in the big east at best.  They are beatable.  You have to tackle well against them like we did last year.

The Big East is a little deeper than we thought.  Who ever expected Syracuse to beat UL or even U Conn to throttle Pitt ??

I agree that we can and should focus on the games on our schedule...

But you are wrong if you think SOS doesn't matter.  The better USF's opponents are, the better USF's wins are perceived... and when two-thirds of the BCS are the coaches and Harris polls, perception is very very important.  Moreover, SOS is a major component of the computer polls...

So, my friend, how the OTHER teams on our schedule do is almost as important as how USF does.

• Content Count:  291

SOS is always important, but i don't stress paying attention to it to much. I think we can and will beat WVU but it will be really close game. As for the rest of the games, Rutgers, UCF, and Cincy are the only ones i think will cause problems. And two of those are at home.

• Content Count:  73

Its all relative.  Stressing about our games and analyzing them ultimately has no effect on the outcome either.

How other opponents do is important not only because of rankings but to also properly judge how good the team really is.  Just like anything on this board, we cant change a thing so I think if we are going to talk about it why not talk about all of what is relevant?

• Content Count:  1,261

to stop worrying about our strength of schedule, and how the Big East is perceived?

We have beat an SEC team, given an ACC team a smack-down, and if we win on Friday, will be moving very close to the top 12ish.

I for one don't feel the need to worry about what Auburn or UL, or anyone else (except the teams in front of us) do for the rest of the season. I wish them well, but we are on the radar now. We control our own destiny as much as any other team outside of the top 5. We have games left against ranked opponents, but all we need to do it win. If we do that, we WILL be moving into the top 10 very soon.

It's a great time to be a Bull, and as much as I want the Big East to be a strong Conference, I want to win it. The Big East has proven itself, we need to do the same.

Having said all of that, the Conference is strong. I think Friday is very nearly a "must win" for us to. With UL struggling, one loss could be all it takes to knock someone out of this race. Cincy has picked it up, and they have WVU at home, but other than us or them, I don't think anyone is going to beat WVU.

forget top 12. If we win friday, its top 10. Guaranteed.

somebody in the top 10 will lose anyways (besides WVU)

• Content Count:  10,219

SOS is meaningless unless you are in NC contention or that rare 2nd BCS bowl.

conf wins/losses are all that matter for BE champs and bcs bowl.

focus on the next game which happens to be a conf game: WVU

finish strong

go bulls

Archived