• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RUTGERS LANDS A BIG ONE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like Ruts., is on a roll, this guy may be the start of something good, for them.

Roche Chooses Rutgers

By Don Callahan  ACC Recruiting Analyst

Date: Jul 11, 2004

The rollercoaster ride known as Brian Roche’s recruitment came to an end yesterday after the Don Bosco Prep lineman chose in-state Rutgers over perennial powerhouse Miami.  

The rollercoaster ride known as Brian Roche’s recruitment came to an end yesterday after the Don Bosco Prep lineman chose in-state Rutgers over perennial powerhouse Miami. The 6-foot-5, 280-pounder cited the ability to help the Scarlet Knights grow into an eventually strong football program as what pushed him to make the decision.

“I think after the trip to Miami, it sounds kind of funny but how good the Miami trip was actually made the decision a lot easier,” stated Roche, who at one point strongly considered committing to Virginia. “At Miami, winning is tradition, winning is expected at Miami. There’s nothing knew about All-Americans, first-round draft picks, National Championships and Bowl Games. I think there is something special about doing it for the first time somewhere and I think that is what’s kind of going on at Rutgers right now.”

In addition to the challenge Rutgers presents, Roche also has developed a great relationship with the coaching staff and trusts them with his future. He believes they are a rising and feels he can contribute to the cause.

“First I think Rutgers is on their way up,” remarked Roche. “I think that a lot of good things are going on there. More important than that, all those coaches [at Rutgers] are great coaches and they aren’t going to let a kid they recruit fail and I believe that. I picked Rutgers because I know I’m going to go to Rutgers and I’m just going to get it done.”

As well as focusing on his senior season, Roche will also become an extended member to the Rutgers’s recruiting staff by helping in their efforts to keep in-state talent from crossing over the border.

“I kind of want to let some of the better players in New Jersey know now why they should go to Rutgers and what’s going to happen when all the talent in New Jersey stays in New Jersey.

“I think Rutgers is unappreciated in New Jersey right now and it doesn’t have the respect that it should,” he added. “But I think Coach [Greg] Schiano is doing a good job of bringing it to where it should be. In a couple of years I don’t think many top ten players will be leaving any more, because when you can stay home and win its so much better then going away and winning.”

Roche – a four-star prospect who owns close to 40 offers – should give Rutgers’s 2005 recruiting class a huge boost. Similar to the boost the All-Stater provides the Don Bosco Prep’s offensive line last year on their way to New Jersey’s Parochial 4 Title.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

not good for us