• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's an idea, MATT DOHERTY!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand why we havent heard much speculation or tried to hire Matt Doherty.  

I mean he recruited all those stars at UNC that eventually won a NC with Roy Williams.  He coached Norte dame,  big east team.  

I dont know his situation when he was at FAU but I kinow SMU in conference DOA is not more appealing than USF and the Big East.  

The guy has NY roots and is a great recruiter and highly respected in the NCAA.  

I mean i keep hearing these guys turn down our job like they are too good for it.  Pete Gillen, john Pelphry,Gregg marshall....please.  i take Doherty over all of those guys.  He is still young and energetic.  

Lets at least contact him, right?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Apparently we did, I dunno what happened outside that.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Guys, I talked to someone on the SMU beat, and the understanding was that Doherty had moved his family twice in two years for one-season stints at FAU and SMU, and that he was hesitant to do that to his family again. Not saying that rules him out, but I don't think he's looking to leave unless it's really the right job for him ...