• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard being bashed on Ron & Ian

Guest 1Bullsfan

Guest JulmisteForPrez
ron and ian are great, but they don't know much about USF

they actually believed that caller

Since I've been out of the Tampa Bay area for about three years now, I haven't heard them in a while.

What I do remember, though, is that Ron & Ian don't know much of anything outside of the Buccaneers.

Pretty one-dimensional.  Pretty bad sports radio.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1Bullsfan

I like them because they are light and upbeat. I agree, their sports knowledge has to be better to host a sports show. Maybe they should change their name to "The radio version of the Man Show" and pay Jimmy Kimmel a royalty.  ;D

I agree with what they say about the Bucs though. As for USF; they need a refresher course.  :)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Tampa Bay sports radio is sub-par for being such a major sports market.

We have better local sports talk here in Richmond, and that just shouldn't be the case.

Unless there is a new show or two in TB, it's pretty pathetic.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

What I do remember, though, is that Ron & Ian don't know much of anything outside of the Buccaneers.

Pretty one-dimensional.  Pretty bad sports radio.

That about sums it up but they are entertaining which is pretty much drives this market...

Guest 1Bullsfan

The Big Dawg is very good, but that's not till the afternoon. In the meantime, I have to deal with Rome.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

I just moved back down to Tampa from the DC area and really looked forward to being immersed in Tampa Bay sports talk radio.  Bucs, Bulls, even Lightning and Rays.  I have been very disappointed in the attitudes and knowledge of the sports hosts.  I have repeatedly heard blatant untruths on the Bucs.  For the most part, they don't seem to know too much about USF, but I have heard things repeated often regarding the Bucs ( Sapp, Brooks, and Lynch were drafted by Tony Dungy, for instance) that are mind blowing.  All to bash Gruden, of course.  I wasn't here during the Super Bowl year, but often wonder if they loved him then.

People shouldn't get to choo :)se their facts.  But, still, I keep listening...  :)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

The Big Dawg is very good, but that's not till the afternoon. In the meantime, I have to deal with Rome.

pop_those_eyes.jpg

HUH?!

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Does anyone listen to 620 WDAE?   :-?

They are usually one of the top if not the top station in ratings. There are other options now, but for awhile they were basically the only option

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261

620 is by far the worst radio station I've heard.

Tony Bruno is light years better than Rome. It's annoying to listen to Rome and his clones. What annoys me is when the callers speak in obscure analogies and alliteration to sports...the smackoff.....on top of that, he dogged USF pretty bad. He said something to the effect of, you know Alabama is pretty bad when the coach of the University of Southern Freakin Florida won't even interview for bama. Ever since I heard that i decided to NEVER NEVER NEVER listen to that guy.

Sileo is all about the yankees, bucs, and miami. When sileo talks about usf, it comes straight from he HAPPENED to read that day. Sileo has no solid knowledge of our program.