• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

What a good decision to take a full year of eligibilty away for about 20 total minutes of play this year.  

He has had some signs of light

It was Z. Cann's own decision to that.

I dont care who's decision it was, it was a bad one.  And ultimately it is really one persons decision.

I dont know who called ZC a flop, but it is way too early to say he is a flop or a player yet, yes he does have soft hands.  

If there were any inkling of him getting another redshirt, it would have been worth it to sit him.  

yes another shot at the coach.  Why not?  What has he done for us?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

There are other posts to address that question as well.  But if you only look at W-L (as seems to be the standard) he has done nothing in your eyes.   Case closed.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Besides, if you do look it up, you'll also find your DS bretheren calling ZC a failure, a flop.  So probably to the majority of your ilk, it's not really a big deal - just another shot at the coach.

I believe the perspective was he was a very big injury risk, given his high school injury and conditioning history. That's why most colleges backed off him, only the ones who COUNT ON longshots continued pursuit.

Fine roster management.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

There are other posts to address that question as well.  But if you only look at W-L (as seems to be the standard) he has done nothing in your eyes.   Case closed.

Typically, W-L are the statistics that are most measured with athletic teams.  Wins are determined by the team that scores the most points in the game. Points are scored when the ball goes through the hoops, one point for a free throw, two for a hoop inside the half circle about 18' from the hoop, 3 points are scored when the ball is made into the hoop when shot from outside this arch.

Hope this helps clarify the game for you.

Such a smart ass.

But if you should shut your piehole for a minute, or, perhaps look at history of other coaches and programs you'll find that not all got off to winning records right out of the chute or even after four seasons.

If all you look at is W-L, you see nothing else.  That is evident by your immature response.  However, other things must be in place to set a team up for the W.   It doesn't "just happen."

No sense debating you.  I have an 8 and 6 old here at home.  They know the level of basketball knowledge you so proudly tried to impart to me.   Go play outside.

Besides, if you do look it up, you'll also find your DS bretheren calling ZC a failure, a flop.  So probably to the majority of your ilk, it's not really a big deal - just another shot at the coach.

I believe the perspective was he was a very big injury risk, given his high school injury and conditioning history. That's why most colleges backed off him, only the ones who COUNT ON longshots continued pursuit.

No shortage of goofiness.  Only those that can afford to back off, back off.  Those teams in the running for 5-6 Cann's will surely shy away from the injured one.  Those programs that have a track on just one Cann, stay on that track.  There's a big difference in the number of Cann's that will entertain USF or entertain UConn.  UConn has at least 6 to 1 on us.  Hence they could back off and USF - or any other similar school would stay on board.

Tell me something in response that is tradmark useless and juvenile, I'm ready.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

If we have ALL current players back healthy we will have some real talent with some experience starting the year. add a big man or two and this could be the best team usf has had on the court in 5+ years, IMO.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

If we have ALL current players back healthy we will have some real talent with some experience starting the year. add a big man or two and this could be the best team usf has had on the court in 5+ years, IMO.

Its wishful thinking and i have it too, but we say that every year with the same results.  Mac has yet to show his critics or supporters he can win, with or without talent.  it is just an idea and style of basketball he is selling us.  Most of us are sick of the idea and want to see some tangible results, like wins.