• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sunday Trib

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Just looking through the Sunday Tampa Tribune and I notice two big articles on our Men's and Women's basketball teams losing to conference foes, and nothing about the baseball team.  How does this happen?

I see a little section on Page 3 about College baseball and it lists the University of Tampa beating Lynn University with a couple of short paragraphs, and then lists the Florida Gators victory over Miami (one paragraph).  

I understand giving the Gators and Miami that little piece, but where is the USF baseball coverage?  If UT gets a couple of paragraphs for beating Lynn, shouldn't the  HOMETOWN BULLS get at least that much for beating in state Jacksonville?  Especially when you consider we are undefeated?

Bret, please advise.  Time shouldn't be an issue as the Men's hoops game and the baseball game got over at roughly the same time (9:30 ish).  Only thing I saw was a box score on the very last page with the other baseball scores.  

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

Understanding that this is a very busy time of year for sports departments, if the baseball team can't get even a paragraph in the sports section on game days, then the beat writers need to find a way to cover the team into a weekly notes column. The beat writers in Gainesville and Tallahassee and across the street from the Trib don't have a problem doing this.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25

JoeB, you're absolutely right, there should have been something in the Trib on the baseball game. There's supposed to be something on each USF baseball, softball game, etc. I've forwarded your comment to our college editor to find out why it wasn't in the paper. If you want to contact him directly, his name is Cesar Brioso and his e-mail is cbrioso@tampatrib.com. You probably already have it, but also feel free to contact me anytime at bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com. Thanks, Brett

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks Brett, I'll be sure to email Cesar to make sure he's aware of the problem.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

You see, Brett is a congenial person who is very supportive of USF.  He is not a evil USF-hating ogre that some of you have insinuated that he is.   ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

You see, Brett is a congenial person who is very supportive of USF.  He is not a evil USF-hating ogre that some of you have insinuated that he is.   ;)

Dr.%20Jekyll%20&%20Mr.%20Hyde.jpg

8-)