• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Baseball Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Found some attendance numbers from the baseball media guide.  Here are the numbers from the first weekend last year versus Northwestern:

2/10-  818

2/11-  486

2/12-  296

Using my simple math skills that equals 1600.  From what I've seen and read, we've averaged about 700 per game, so that is a total of 2100, so we are already 500 above last years average.  So we didn't double it like I predicted, but we did get 1/3 more traffic at the game.  We don't get ND for a three game series this year, but GT comes to town so that should balance it out.  Also, Louisville was the next biggest draw last year thanks to Coach Prado and family.

I've been to two games already and notice a difference.  Once we get the beer sales sorted out and once hoops season is over, all USF fans can turn their attention to the Baseball team.  Go support the team, you won't regret it.  It truly is the best bargain for all USF sports.    

While the numbers have increase, there is still some novelty involved with Prado, the changes they've made at the Red, etc. I think ultimatly any boost in attendance will be due to strong play.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Hopefully some day the attendance boost will be attributed to better fans.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Bry:

I'm thinking about going over to South Bend (about 3 hours drive) to see the ND series but I think it is the same weekend as the Final Four, so I may not see much of the Sat. night game.   ;)  I hope some other midwest Bulls get out to see the Basebulls on the road.

Normal

I wonder what its like to play baseball in the month of March in Indiana.

Guest AstroBull
Bry:

I'm thinking about going over to South Bend (about 3 hours drive) to see the ND series but I think it is the same weekend as the Final Four, so I may not see much of the Sat. night game.   ;)  I hope some other midwest Bulls get out to see the Basebulls on the road.

Normal

I wonder what its like to play baseball in the month of March in Indiana.

I hope they pack the parkas

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44

One should note that attendance figures are HIGHLY exaggerated when there are low numbers.  Last years attendance numbers are no exception.  The attendance is not taken until around the 7th inning and by then the ticket takers have left and more people have (usually) walked in.  

Therefore, the numbers are usually a "rough estimate" at USF Baseball games.  They are highly exaggerated.  There is a higher exaggeration for less attendance.

So... this year's numbers are way more accurate than last year's.  USF has increased attendance my leaps and bounds.  Trust me.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Eh, I think it's a ballpark guess either way.

I wouldn't be shocked if the estimate is made up when the boxscore is produced. It's what most colleges do for nonrevenue sports anyway.  

There was an article on it last year, i'll see if I can find it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16

And don't forget to count the new addition this year...  the bat girls... !!

;D

Guest Sprtsfn627

Attendance through 5 games this year = 638

Attendance through 5 games last year = 398.6

It would appear things are going much better this year...hopefully we can keep it up  :)