• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local Sports Coverage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

OK, I've got a little bit of a rant here so stick with me.  I tuned into Bay News Nine last night at 11 to see the Bulls highlites, but most importantly to see how in the world we lost on the last play.  They showed a bunch of clips of Mattis (who played great), but they didn't show the winning basket by Marquette.  I think they showed something like 6 or so highlites.  How can you not show the most important play that decides the game?  Especially considering it was a TIE GAME?  Rock Reilly's explanation wasn't even a good one on what happened.  I was fuming, so I turned over to the NBC affiliate (channel 7).  They showed a few highlites, maybe about 4 or so and they also failed to show the game's final play.  Once again I was floored by the ineptness of whoever creates the package that gets on air.  I would have understood if this was a Texas/Kansas highlite, but this is the home city team.  Anyway I'm in the process of emailing these jokers today to try to get some assemblance of an answer.

By the way, I was able to finally view the play in question by watching Fox Sports South which is a regional broadcast from Atlanta I believe.  So apparently that is where you need to go to find quality Bulls coverage.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

The game wasn't about the final play. It was about how well we played against a top rated team. It was about the heart this team has. It was about the talent that Mac is developing and teaching how to play well together.

There was great team play and unbelievable individual efforts, many by McHugh Mattis. That was the story.

They played unbelievably well and focusing on the last play doesn't do justice to the team and an otherwise outstanding game Chris Howard played.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Just to let you know, the guest on Bay News 9 last night was a taped interview with Jose Fernandez. Someone did show rhe last play but I dont remember which station.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

BullGator, I'm aware of that, but you can show what they showed and the final play of the game.  What else did the have to show last night?  More Tiger coverage?  More Super Bowl hype?  I don't think I'm asking for much, just one more highlite of the most important play in the game.  That is total coverage.  In fact if you're going to show only one play, you show that one.

By the way, I know exactly how well everyone played because I listened to it on the radio.  

I wonder if UF beat Vandy on a last second steal would they have shown the play?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,731
  • Days Won:  425

I wonder if UF beat Vandy on a last second steal would they have shown the play?

You mean if Vandy beat UF on a last second steal would they have shown the play...?

Should have gone to gousfbulls.com. They had the last play on their highlights.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

JoeB. I hear what you're saying but the play was really a big nothing. I think it was the negative tone of your post and not your content. You were right in that regard. But, the last play was a big nothing.

I know, I was there (drove over from Melbourne to watch the game with my USF student son).

It was actually less than nothing. Everyone was excited and ready to cheer "the last shot". When the pass was stolen and they drove down the court to lay it in, it was as if all the air was sucked out of the Sun Dome. Everyone left there numb and speechless.

We didn't even get a chance to at least see the possible game winner in the air.

I'm looking forward to the next game I can make. The Bulls play an exciting brand of basketball and have some players who put on a great show. The wins will come.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

USF coverage, as a whole, sucks. Besides the work done by our very own Greg Auman, of course.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

The game wasn't about the final play.

Really?  Thats the play that determined the outcome and gave usf an L and Marquette a W.  

Who will remember that we played marquette close besides usf and a few marquette fans?  no one.  

Moral victory to some and a loss to everyone else in the nation.  Truth hurts, i know.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

truth hurts, i know.  

No, same repetitive crap after every loss does.