• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose' Rips Administration

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I wish Coach and the girls the best of luck, but I wouldn't walk across the street to watch Woman's basketball.

If we were ranked no 1, I still wouldn't walk across the street to watch women's basketball.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Last time we rushed the court was for a men's bball game against Georgetown, I think they were ranked #18 or so.  Sadly there were at most 30 people down there with the team celebrating.

My friend said we should have done it yesterday, but seriously, it would have been 10-15 students there.

we didn't storm against Georgetown..... USFPD put a rope up and didn't let us.

Sorry, it was the 04-05 year and we had beat Charlotte.

Celebration.jpg

Those were the 6th Bull days...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Jose was right with everything he said.  If USF doesn't do a better job supporting WBB, Jose will be gone the second a great job opens up.  [highlight]This dude can win us a national title....it would be a shame to lose that chance because the support isn't there.[/highlight]

Very true!  That's actually why Men's BB lost Lee Rose.  He use to get on the public address mic @ the Dome and ask the crowd  ...  "why aren't more of you here?  We went from nothing to a competitive NIT team and nobody if here?"

He eventually gave  up and moved on.

Wow...interesting. If you're so inclined, that little story can sum up a lot of things about USF hoops.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I went to my first women's game last night and I had a good time.  It was different than men's basketball, but they have one heck of a team.  Jessica Dickson is as good as everybody says she is.  I didn't even know there was a game last night, until someone in my night class told me.  I will attend more women's games because its better to watch a well coached team who executes.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a lot better to see the games in-person. Honestly, watching it on TV it's not too exciting to watch, maybe because I grew up watching NBA/NCAA Men's.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

They do get youth organizations involved...there was a youth baskeball group there for the Notre dame game...they played during halftime. and there was a a fairly large group of twirlers that performed at the Cincy game.  

I would think weeknight games just don't work well for school age groups, ditto for people who live/work a long distance from campus. That's not to say they are getting enough of them to come to see the games.

The bay area has a large number of retirees (of all income levels), many who live in retirement communities (group sales!) ...I would think they would be an excellent market to target - both group sales and individuals.   I've seen them at games just not in the numbers that I think is possible.  Senior Discounts (singlegame, multiple game, and season tickets) might work to put butts in some of those empty seats.  

Despite poor attendance, they raised the ticket prices from $5 to $7 this year...maybe they feel that it easier to charge more than it is to market the team and create new fans...many who will spend money at the refreshment stands.

Advertise the fact that not only are the tickets inexpensive, there is free parking, but the available seating is great...seats which aren't available to the general public for mens BB.

Overall, USF students just don't seem to be interested in or have the time to attend sporting events.

How about electonic billboards,  are there any located around the campus to spotlight the events taking place on campus?

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
I guess this pretty much refutes the darkside's claims that a winning team will bring thousands more fans to the SunDome.  USF isn't a bball school, and Tampa isn't a bball town.

Wow...Nice theory Mike.

Have you ever wondered if this type of deep thought is the reason you live in Detroit and work for Ford??

Rueb

I went to my first women's game last night and I had a good time.  It was different than men's basketball, but they have one heck of a team.  Jessica Dickson is as good as everybody says she is.  I didn't even know there was a game last night, until someone in my night class told me.  I will attend more women's games because its better to watch a well coached team who executes.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a lot better to see the games in-person. Honestly, watching it on TV it's not too exciting to watch, maybe because I grew up watching NBA/NCAA Men's.

Very true, until you see games live and get to know the players...then watching on TV is pretty good....a lot better than not seeing them play.

With the low attendance, you can sit in great seats....try a game in the first row (get a closeup feel for the game) , center court, behind the goal, higher up (lower bowl), or pretty much where ever you like.

Go Jessica, Shantia, Nalini, Rachael , Chi-Chi, Stephanie, Dai, Tristan, Melissa, Caitlyn, Jessica, and Porche...Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Jose was right with everything he said.  If USF doesn't do a better job supporting WBB, Jose will be gone the second a great job opens up.  This dude can win us a national title....it would be a shame to lose that chance because the support isn't there.

Very true!  That's actually why Men's BB lost Lee Rose.  He use to get on the public address mic @ the Dome and ask the crowd  ...  "why aren't more of you here?  We went from nothing to a competitive NIT team and nobody if here?"

He eventually gave  up and moved on.

Wow...interesting. If you're so inclined, that little story can sum up a lot of things about USF hoops.

The only problem with that little story summing up a lot of things about USF hoops is that Rose was pre-Paschal and Paschal was when the fans DID show up. Support did improve after the Rose era but then waned later, even with winning teams and post season tourneys.

2007 USF Basketball Promotions

Courtesy: USF

Release: 01/17/2007

Women's

Saturday, February, 3 USF Women vs. St. John's

• U Day (all fans encouraged to wear USF gear)*

• First 500 will receive USF t-shirt

• Youth Basketball night

• $2 Tickets for all teams in uniform

• Team that has the most coupons redeemed will be able to play a 5 minute scrimmage at halftime and will receive autographed posters

(For details call 974-7316)

• First 500 will receive free mini balls

Saturday, February 10 USF Women vs. Pittsburgh at 7 pm

• Girl Scout Night

• All scouts will receive a $2 ticket with their uniform on

• Banner competition at half-time

• Scout roll call

• $1 Popcorn

• First 500 will receive free mini balls

Tuesday, February 20 USF Women vs. UCONN at 7 pm

• Rock The Dome night (Help us set an attendance record)

• First 500 fans receive a USF t-shirt

• 35th year celebration of women’s basketball at USF

• USF Student Organization night

"U" Days *

Days are all about pride, unity, spirit and tradition.  Everyone is encouraged to wear USF apparel!

Pride:  Showing pride in being an alum, student, fan, boosters, faculty or staff member of USF and USF athletics

Unity:  Promoting unity among all alums, students, fans, boosters, faculty and staff members and the Tampa Bay community

Spirit:  creating a tremendous true home field or court advantage for all USF athletic teams

Tradition:  Establishing excellence