• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose' Rips Administration

Guest BasketBull.

Here's the remaining home games. Let's get out and support our Bulls.

Tue, Jan 30   Georgetown *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.      

Sat, Feb 03   St. John's *  -  Tampa, FL    5 p.m.      

Sat, Feb 10   Pittsburgh *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.  

Tue, Feb 20   Connecticut *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.

Mon, Feb 26   Seton Hall *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Wooly Bully here... but this team is winning and watching a winning program can be a lot of fun... especially for about the price of a movie.

The problem is ENTIRELY marketing.  The first time I saw ANYTHING about the game was the thread on this board - and I didn't see that until after the game was over!!!

To be fair, I could have been proactive and checked the schedule on GoUSFBulls.com .... but that's not entirely the point.  

USF sports marketing is -- and always has been -- underwhelming.  Not to say the people who do the job are underperforming, the problem has to be a combination of a lack of emphasis on marketing AND a limited budget.  However, there are a lot of ways to get fans to the games.

USF needs to start pulling tickets out of the Joe Buck (Sr) hat if they want to get fans to attend games.  They also need to -- at the very least -- try to find new, affordable avenues to market the games.

Here's the remaining home games. Let's get out and support our Bulls.

Tue, Jan 30   Georgetown *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.      

Sat, Feb 03   St. John's *  -  Tampa, FL    5 p.m.      

Sat, Feb 10   Pittsburgh *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.  

Tue, Feb 20   Connecticut *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.

Mon, Feb 26   Seton Hall *  -  Tampa, FL    7 p.m.  

The UConn game should be a good one... we pushed them to overtime in Storrs last year... now that they are in the Dome, who knows?

USF needs to really step up the pressure to get people to attend this game -- at the very least.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I just can't get into women's basketball, and it's nothing against women's sports because I do enjoy softball and soccer. I just dom't care for the game.

If I'd live in Tampa I'd go to a few, but I doubt I'd go much. I went to 2 or 3 games when I was at USF.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I guess this pretty much refutes the darkside's claims that a winning team will bring thousands more fans to the SunDome.  USF isn't a bball school, and Tampa isn't a bball town.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

When I was leaving the WBB game against LSU I noticed a car parked in the lot with a Connecticut license plate...which had a frame that said UCONN BASKETBALL around it...I later saw the car on Fowler near I-275...they were senior citizens...who more likely than not were fans of basketball who came to the game despite the fact that it wasn't "their team" playing....This isn't the first time I have seen this...I believe with all the retirees in the bay area who come from basketball hotbeds better  marketing would help put more of them in the stands at womens basketball games...$7 admission ($3.00 for groups of 10 or more) and free parking makes for an inexpensive evening's entertainment.  

Jose was right to blast the admin and marketing department.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Actually, i don't believe it was last year that our girls pushed them to overtime... it was before we even got into the big east.  I remember some announcer saying it was the first time a non-conference teams had come to storr and even made it to overtime, nevermind win a game there.

So it must have been 2 years ago.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Jim,

The overtime game with Connecticut in Storrs was during the 2004-05 season, in the good ol' C-USA days. And if I remember correctly, Anedra Gilmore hit the game-tying three-pointer. Not calling you out, just letting stating the facts. Last season at Storrs, it was a little uglier: 77-47 loss.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Jose was right with everything he said.  If USF doesn't do a better job supporting WBB, Jose will be gone the second a great job opens up.  This dude can win us a national title....it would be a shame to lose that chance because the support isn't there.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I guess this pretty much refutes the darkside's claims that a winning team will bring thousands more fans to the SunDome.  USF isn't a bball school, and Tampa isn't a bball town.

No offense to women's basketball but comparing it to the men's game in fan interest is absurd.

Last year's NCAA champ Maryland averaged 4,800 fans a game.

It's just a tough sport to get people to attend