• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is this guy smoking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

If Louisville loses Brohm, Bush, Urrutia, Douglas, and some more defensive players then#25 could be a stretch

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

maybe but cantwell has game experience and bush already missed the entire season

thye have pretty good depth as they have been recruiting at a decent level for a while

putting them at 25 is extreme to me

Yes, but how much of Cantwell's performance was him and how much was Petrino's ability to gameplan with QBs? They might lose their 2 leading receivers, their all world QB, their leading rusher nad that is just the offense. How is ranking them 25 extreme?

The Cards are not losing Douglas or Urrutia (they've already announced it).  Bush didn't play all year.

Losing Brohm will hurt, and I think we'll miss him a lot more than other Card fans do, but Cantwell is proven and very good.  It's just that Brohm was great.

But Brohm's said he's impressed with Kragthorpe as most of the other players that have talked with him are.  So Brohm's not a lock to go (but I would if I were him).

So far, we're not losing very much on offense.  On defense they lose a bunch, but most of the big-time talent were underclassmen or redshirted.

Contrary to popular opinion, Louisville has tons of talent.  The NFL Draft has proven that over the past few years and will continue to show it this year and years to come.  It remains to be seen what kind of coach we have...  

But the real obstacle is human bias.  USF will experience it first-hand when they take that next step.  UofL was the first team since the BCS was concocted(1998) that dropped in the polls after winning a BCS bowl.

....and he has 6-7 Alabama ranked higher than Louisville next year.  If that doesn't tell the entire story of what college football is all about then what does?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Cards are not losing Douglas or Urrutia.  Bush didn't play all year.

Losing Brohm will hurt, and I think we'll miss him a lot more than other Card fans do, but Cantwell is proven and very good.  It's just that Brohm was great.

But Brohm's said he's impressed with Kragthorpe as most of the other players that have talked with him are.  So Brohm's not a lock to go (but I would if I were him).

So far, we're not losing very much on offense.  On defense they lose a bunch, but most of the big-time talent were underclassmen or redshirted.

I was basing it on what the article said. I know Urrutia (before Petrino left) and Douglas has said they were coming back, but many think that if Brohm goes, the receivers might follow.

Contrary to popular opinion, Louisville has tons of talent.  The NFL Draft has proven that over the past few years and will continue to show it this year and years to come.  It remains to be seen what kind of coach we have...  

UL does have tons of talent, which is why they are still a top 25 team in most people's worlds. I just understand why most are going to see them in the bottom 1/2. Generally 1st year coaches replaceing guys that good (in Petrino) aren't world beaters. It takes a season to get yourself together.

But the real obstacle is human bias.  USF will experience it first-hand when they take that next step.  UofL was the first team since the BCS was concocted(1998) that dropped in the polls after winning a BCS bowl.

Ya, that had more to do with Boise State's emotional win over Oklahoma than UL losing respect. If UL goes 8-0 to start the year again they'll be top 5 easily. They have the respect of most pollsters.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

On the "Why Not?" section for WVU, it says ...

"Three of West Virginia's toughest games in 2007 are on the road -- at Rutgers, South Florida and Maryland."

I know it's minor, but I love seeing that there. That's how it starts...people start looking at you as a serious contender and not just a speed bump.  

I can't believe the number of fans that actually wanted Cantwell to play over Brohm this year.  I knew of a bunch personally, that thought HC was better.  I couldn't see it, though.  I think we're going to realize just how good Brohm really was once he's gone.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if ul has a monster recruiting class they will be fine

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

CAL @ number 10 :o

When are these jackasses going to learn.  Most overrated team in the nation every single year (sans ND, who he left out, surprisingly).

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I can't believe the number of fans that actually wanted Cantwell to play over Brohm this year.  I knew of a bunch personally, that thought HC was better.  I couldn't see it, though.  I think we're going to realize just how good Brohm really was once he's gone.

Everyone loves the backup.

It's still a talented team for sure.  I expect a dip in the UL performance next season, mainly because it is typical for almost any first year coach to lose a game or two because the players aren't at 100% with the system yet.  UF last year is a good example of this.  Hiring from within can help prevent this, although that is only viable when the coordinators are good enough/better than other options.

Kragthorpe is a good coach and he's proven it.  UL will stay a strong football school, but don't expect a 1 loss season next year.  I'd guess that UL goes either 9-3 or 8-4 next season, although I haven't looked too carefully at the OOC schedule for you guys yet.  That's just a knee jerk guess due to the loss of a great QB and a change in the system (even if its slight, it matters).

Yeah, the Cards will dip next year with or without Brohm, no question.  Though, the OOC schedule is pretty weak.  They play Utah, at UK, at NC State, MTSU, and ?.  

There's going to be an adjustment period with Kragthorpe, and I don't think they're going to win 10 games, but I just take offense to the idea that Louisville is going to fall off the map simply because the coach is gone.