• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kenny Robinson leaves team

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

True ... BOTTOM LINE is that Kenny has done a great job for us and solidly held the CB spot in check for us.

I am sure that all wish him the best.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I wrote previously:

TheBullsPen.com Forums / South Florida Bulls Athletics Main Board / Re: Scrimmage   Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:18pm  

Started by rvbull05 | Post by HowieP

It ended up being closed to the public.

I know Kraky barreled his way in for a TD which was one of the big plays of the day. He might move up on the depth chart.

One player [#21 Kenny Robinson, I think] took off his helmet and pads and hopped the fence. I don't know what that was all about, except it had something to do with a play and he was evidently upset.

Brett will probably do a complete story on the scrimmage.

At the time everyone was stunned. I mentioned it then, because I didn't think he'd be back. I know he was listed on the Spring game roster, but I don't recall if he played.  

That's right ... wonder if this had anything to do with it ... unfortunately, this is part of the "game" ...

Go BULLS !!!

It is curious as to why USF had a story on their site  :-/ ... players leave all the time.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

USF Loses Depth In Defensive Backfield

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: May 19, 2004

TAMPA - South Florida senior Kenny Robinson, who won the starting strong safety spot in the spring, has left the team for personal reasons.

``He's run into some things that are more important than football that he has to resolve, and I'm sure he will,'' USF coach Jim Leavitt said.

Robinson started four games last year at cornerback, finishing with a career-high 43 tackles. He had two career interceptions, including a then- school-record 64-yard touchdown return as a freshman.

``Where it hurts is [his involvement on] specialty teams,'' Leavitt said. ``He would have been pretty small at strong safety, that would have been difficult for him to play there. But he gave us depth at cornerback.''

Robinson's experience was supposed to help offset the loss of three senior defensive back starters - J.R. Reed, Kevin Verpaele and Ron Hemingway. Now the Bulls enter fall drills with a starting secondary of junior D'Juan Brown and sophomore Mike Jenkins as cornerbacks, sophomore Drametrice Smith at strong safety and senior Javan Camon at free safety.

Only Brown, with seven starts last year, has starting experience.

``It's not real bleak,'' Leavitt said. ``There are some people there that we think will work out.''

Leavitt, who visited six Bay area high schools Tuesday - his first recruiting visits since underdoing an emergency appendectomy May 8, also said he's ``leaning toward'' redshirting senior defensive end Tim Jones.

Leavitt added no decision has been reached whether to redshirt senior safety Johnnie Jones (no relation), who missed spring drills with neck and shoulder injuries.

Seems that it IS out of football personal reasons.

Best Wishes !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he will be replaced by someone better